Cell Signaling technology “Win a CONFERENCE Grant” Review and win
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING
TIMING:The Cell Signaling Technology (CST) “Review and Win” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 16, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on March 31, 2021, (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). The Sponsor’s designated server is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entry Period consists of (12) twelve monthly prize drawings (each a “Monthly Prize Draw”) and one (1) grand prize drawing (the “Grand Prize Draw). For the purposes of these Official Rules, each monthly entry period begins at 12:00:00 a.m. ET on the first day of the month and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. on the last day of the month (the “Monthly Entry Period”). Each eligible entry received within a Monthly Entry Period will qualify for the applicable Monthly Prize Draw and will not roll over to a subsequent Monthly Draw. Entry Periods, All eligible entries received in each Monthly Entry Period will automatically be entered into the Grand Prize Draw. If no eligible entry is received for a given Monthly Prize Draw, the monthly prizes for that month will be rolled over and awarded in the next Monthly Prize Draw as long as there is a sufficient amount of entries to award prizes. If no eligible entry is received for the final Monthly Prize Draw, the prizes for that Monthly Prize Draws will be awarded from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
2. SPONSOR: Cell Signaling Technology, Inc., 3 Trask Lane, Danvers, MA 01923, USA (the “Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to members of the Scientific Community who are legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec), the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, Germany, Austria, and the Netherlands who are 20 years of age or older at the time of entry. For the purposes of these Official Rules, a member of the Scientific Community is defined as: researchers in the life sciences. Employees (and their immediate family members and persons living in the same households) of Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, promotion agencies (including Administrator, as defined in Rule 12) engaged in the development or administration of the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable international law where applicable, federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in the province of Quebec and where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to require any entrant to provide evidence of eligibility to Sponsor’s reasonable satisfaction.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Visit www.cellsignal.com/travel during the Sweepstakes Entry Period and follow all online instructions to complete the online entry form, including providing a product review. PRODUCT REVIEWS SHOULD BE HONEST AND FOCUSED ON THE ENTRANTS INDIVIDUAL IMPRESSION OF THE RELEVANT PRODUCT AND WHAT HE/SHE LIKES OR DISLIKES ABOUT THE PRODUCT. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY ANS PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. ALL PRODUCT REVIEWS CAN BE BASED ON THE ENTRANTS PERCEPTION OF THE PRODUCT, PRIOR USE OF THE PRODUCT OR HIS/HER GENERAL UNDERSTANDING OF THE ITS PRODUCT FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY WITHOUT PURCHASE. All product reviews must be in English and subject to the applicable review Terms of Submission. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to publish the product review or not post it for any reason. THE NATURE OF THE REVIEW WILL NOT INFLUENCE THE CHANCE OF WINNING A PRIZE. PROVIDING A POSITIVE REVIEW OR NEGATIVE REVIEW WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE. Any product review must not infringe upon the copyrights of any third parties; contain inappropriate, obscene, offensive, spiteful or discriminatory language; comments on other retailers or competitive products; or constitutes ‘spam’ content; will be void. By submitting a product review, regardless if it gets published by the Sponsor, entrant grants permission, without limitation to other rights granted hereunder, for the product review to be posted on www.cellsignal.com or other Sponsor and affiliate websites. In the event of any conflict between these Official Rules and the product review Terms of Submission, these Official Rules shall prevail.
Entry to the Sweepstakes is strictly limited to 10 entries per person per monthly period provided each entry must relate to a different product review. Any entrant who attempts to submit multiple entries connected with the same product, with multiple email addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device or artifice to enter more than the entry limit allowed will be disqualified from participation in the Sweepstakes. All entries (excluding any review forming part of an entry which remains the property of the entrant and is licensed to Sponsor and Sponsor’s affiliates as set out in these Official Rules) become Sponsor’s property and will not be acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the ownership of any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Sweepstakes will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion.
5. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”) & ODDS:
MONTHLY PRIZE DRAW:
In each of the twelve (12) Monthly Prize Draws there will be twelve (12) $50.00 Amazon gift cards to be won (each a “Monthly Prize”). There are 144 Monthly Prizes to be won in total across all Monthly Prize Draws. Limit one (1) monthly prize per entrant per monthly prize drawing.
The use of any Amazon gift card is subject to the terms and conditions applicable to such gift card. The winner should ensure they are familiar with any terms and conditions which may apply to the gift card in particular relating to any restrictions and expiry dates.
GRAND PRIZE DRAW:
There is one grand prize to be won in the Grand Prize Draw which includes the following prize elements (the “Grand Prize”): (i) one (1) standard rate entrance ticket for the winner to a scientific conference of the winner’s choice (ARV $900.00) to be held no later than September 30, 2021; depending on which conference the winner elects to attend, airfare and hotel will be provided as a courtesy. If airfare and hotel accommodations are provided, it will consist on the following items, subject to the Sponsor’s sole discretion: round-trip economy class flights for the winner from a major commercial airport near the winner's primary residence to the city where the selected conference will take place (the “Destination City”), or (at Sponsor’s sole discretion) ground transportation if the winner resides within a two hundred and fifty (250) mile radius of the Destination City; and (iii) two (2) nights’ accommodation in a single occupancy standard rate room in a hotel in the Destination City.
All Grand Prize details (including choice of flights, ground transportation, departure and destination airports, hotel in the Destination City and travel dates and times, if applicable) are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor and its agent are not liable for any expenses incurred by any winner as a consequence of any prize cancellation, delay and schedule adjustments – all which are subject to change without notice. Any travel arrangements, if necessary, must be made through Sponsor’s agent on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. If Grand Prize winner cannot travel on dates mandated by Sponsor, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, the Grand Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if there is sufficient time to notify an alternate Grand Prize winner. If Grand Prize winner is unable to travel for any reason whatsoever after all Grand Prize arrangements have been made and paid for, then the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner. Grand Prize winner is solely responsible (at his or her own cost) for obtaining the proper travel documentation prior to travel.
GENERAL: No prize substitutions or cash redemption permitted. All prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable and no cash alternative is available, including any unused or unspent portion or element of the Grand Prize, which remains the property of Sponsor.
Total ARV of prizes in all Monthly Prize Draws: $7,200.00. ARV of Grand Prize: $5,000.00. Total ARV of Grand Prize and all Monthly Prizes: $12,200.00. The ARV of any prize awarded herein is subject to price fluctuations in the marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date any prize is awarded or redeemed. Any difference between the stated ARV of any of the prizes and the actual value will not be awarded.
Odds of winning a Monthly Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received per Monthly Prize Draw. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depends on number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
6. WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: All prize drawings will be conducted at the offices of the Administrator. For the avoidance of doubt, winners in each prize draw will be selected from eligible entrants across all eligible countries and there will not be separate prize draws in each eligible country. All potential Monthly Prize winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries received during the relevant Monthly Entry Period within seven (7) business days after the conclusion of each Monthly Entry Period. The potential Grand Prize winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period on or about April 30, 2021, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Potential winners will be notified by e-mail within five (5) business days of the relevant prize draw. Any potential prize winners from the United States may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and a Publicity Release (“Release”) within ten (10) days of the date specified on the prize notification in order to formally claim the prize. If the potential winner is a not a resident of the United States, s/he will be required to complete, sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release (collectively, “Release”) within ten (10) days of date specified on notification; and, if s/he is a resident of Canada, s/he must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a time-limited mathematical skill testing question administered at a mutually agreeable time by telephone.
At the sole discretion of the Sponsor or Administrator, prize forfeiture and the selection of an alternate prize winner may result from any of the following: i) a Release or a prize notification is returned as undeliverable; ii) the Release is not returned by the date specified on the prize notification; iii) a prize winner is otherwise found to be ineligible; iv) a prize winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason; and v) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules (including without limitation a failure to claim the prize or provide any requested information within the period specified in these Official Rules). In the event of any prize forfeiture, the Sponsor or Administrator may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate prize winner. In the case of selecting an alternate prize winner, the alternate winning entry will be selected from the pool of eligible entries the disqualified entry originated. If an entrant is selected as an alternate winner, the entrant must claim his or her prize within the timeframes and in accordance with the procedure specified above. A potential winner is not entitled to receive a prize until s/he has been verified or notified as a winner by the Sponsor/Administrator. U.S. winners of prizes valued at $600 or more will be required to furnish his/her Social Security number to the Administrator and an IRS Form 1099 will be filed in the name of the winner for the value of the prize. All international, federal, territorial and/or state taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of each winner.
Monthly Prizes will be shipped or emailed directly to each Monthly Prize winner’s address as provided in the relevant Release or Sweepstakes entry within eight (8) weeks after the Monthly Prize winner has claimed his or her Monthly Prize in accordance with these Official Rules and Sponsor has, if applicable, verified his or her eligibility.
7. RELEASE/PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Parties and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or useand/or misuse of any prize (if entrant is verified a winner).
Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winners’ consent to Sponsor’s use of each winner’s name, hometown, likeness, photograph, product review and prize won for promotional purposes in any media now known or hereinafter known, worldwide, in perpetuity without further permission, payment or notification.
8. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its absolute and sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, publishing errors, or by any of the programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry/product review process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or useor misuse of any prize awarded if entrant is verified a winner.
Nothing in these Official Rules shall limit or exclude Sponsor’s or any other person’s liability for personal injury or death caused by negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any liability which cannot be limited or excluded as a matter of law. All provisions of these Official Rules which purport to limit or exclude the liability of Sponsor or any other person shall be subject to this overriding provision.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by applicable law, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the State of New York, County of New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ and/or legal fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York, U.S.A.
11. Cell Signally Technology is not a manufacturer or distributor of drugs or medical devices and does not induce medical institutions to buy certain drugs.
12. WINNER LIST: To request a winner list, (available after May 30, 2021), please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 30,2021, 2021 to: Cell Signaling Technology “Review & Win” Sweepstakes Winners List, c/o: Ventura Associates, Ref: KM, 494 Eight Avenue, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10001, USA. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that if the entrant wins the Grand Prize or a Monthly Prize, then the entrant’s name and county of residence (if applicable) may be disclosed to persons enquiring in accordance with this section. This provision shall not apply to the extent that the anticipated disclosure would be in breach of any applicable law or regulation.
13. ADMINISTRATOR/CONTACT: Ventura Associates International LLC, Attention: KM, 494 Eighth Avenue, Suite 1700, NY, NY 10001, USA
13. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS AND ENDORSEMENTS: The trademarks associated with prizes are the property of their respective owners and the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with those parties including Amazon, Inc. All third party trademarks and other intellectual property rights are hereby acknowledged.
14. ANTI-BRIBERY: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant confirms that he or she has obtained his or her employer’s prior consent to enter the Sweepstakes and that he or she is entitled to accept a prize in accordance with his or her employer’s anti-bribery and anti-corruption policies and procedures, including any applicable gifts policy.
15. SEVERANCE: If any provision or part-provision of these Official Rules is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Official Rules.
FAIR PROCESSING NOTICE FOR ENTRANTS LOCATED IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA: