Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Galectin-3/LGALS3 (D4I2R) XP® Rabbit mAb #87985
|87985S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,580.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|87985||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry),
Specificity / Sensitivity
Galectin-3/LGALS3 (D4I2R) XP® Rabbit mAbrecognizes endogenous levels of total Galectin-3/LGALS3 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human Galectin-3/LGALS3 protein.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of SK-MEL-28 (left) and LNCaP (right) cells, using Galectin-3/LGALS3 (D4I2R) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DyLight™ 554 Phalloidin #13054 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Galectin-3/LGALS3 (D4I2R) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human ovarian carcinoma using Galectin-3/LGALS3 (D4I2R) XP® Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded SK-MEL-28 (left) and LNCaP (right) cell pellets using Galectin-3/LGALS3 (D4I2R) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using Galectin-3/LGALS3 (D4I2R) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Galectins are a family of β-galactose binding proteins that are characterized by an affinity for poly-N-acetyllactosamine-enriched glycoconjugates and a carbohydrate-binding site (1,2). Members of the galectin family have been implicated in a variety of biological functions including cell adhesion (3), growth regulation (4), cytokine production (5), T-cell apoptosis (6), and immune responses (7).
Galectin-3/LGALS3 is involved in several diverse biological functions. Galectin-3/LGALS3 binds IgE (8). Galectin-3/LGALS3 is an unusual protein in that can be found both extracellularly and intracellularly. Intracellularly, galectin-3/LGALS3 can localize to the cytoplasm, nucleus, or both, depending on cell type and experimental conditions. Nuclear galectin-3/LGALS3 has been identified as a pre-mRNA splicing factor (9). Galectin-3/LGALS3 production has been shown to increase during inflammation and in obesity, and the protein itself can have an inflammatory effect under certain conditions (10). Galectin-3/LGALS3 forms a complex with α3, β1 integrin to act as a surface receptor on endothelial cells for the NG2 proteoglycan, which triggers cell motility and angiogenesis (11). In addition to these functions, galectin-3/LGALS3 is also a required factor for the terminal differentiation of epithelial cells (12).
- Barondes, S.H. et al. (1994) Cell 76, 597-8.
- Barondes, S.H. et al. (1994) J Biol Chem 269, 20807-10.
- Offner, H. et al. (1990) J Neuroimmunol 28, 177-84.
- Wells, V. and Mallucci, L. (1991) Cell 64, 91-7.
- Filer, A. et al. (2009) Arthritis Rheum 60, 1604-14.
- Perillo, N.L. et al. (1995) Nature 378, 736-9.
- Cooper, D.N. et al. (1991) J Cell Biol 115, 1437-48.
- Platzer, B. et al. (2011) Immunol Lett 141, 36-44.
- Haudek, K.C. et al. (2010) Biochim Biophys Acta 1800, 181-9.
- Pang, J. et al. (2013) PLoS One 8, e57915.
- Fukushi, J. et al. (2004) Mol Biol Cell 15, 3580-90.
- Hikita, C. et al. (2000) J Cell Biol 151, 1235-46.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 13079 Immunohistochemistry Application Solutions Kit (Rabbit)
- 14166 Hematoxylin
- 14177 SignalStain® Mounting Medium
- 14746 SignalStain® Citrate Unmasking Solution (10X)
- 15019 Animal-Free Blocking Solution (5X)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
DyLight is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
SignalStain is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条