Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Phospho-VASP (Ser157) (D1C8O) Rabbit mAb #84519
|84519S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥4,050.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|84519||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation,
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-VASP (Ser157) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of VASP protein only when phosphorylated at Ser157.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser157 of human VASP protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A-431 and 3T3 cells, untreated (-) or Forskolin #3828-treated (10 μM, 15 min; +), using Phospho-VASP (Ser157) (D1C8O) Rabbit mAb (upper) or VASP (9A2) Rabbit mAb #3132 (lower).
Immunoprecipitation of Phospho-VASP (Ser157) from A-431 cell extracts treated with Forskolin #3828 (10 μM, 15 min). Lane 1 is 10% input, lane 2 is Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900, and lane 3 is Phospho-VASP (Ser157) (D1C8O) Rabbit mAb. Western blot analysis was performed using Phospho-VASP (Ser157) (D1C8O) Rabbit mAb. A light chain-specific secondary antibody was used.
Vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein (VASP) was originally characterized as a substrate of both cGMP- and cAMP-dependent kinases (PKG and PKA, or cGPK and cAPK, respectively) (1). It is now believed that VASP belongs to the Ena/VASP family of adaptor proteins linking the cytoskeletal system to the signal transduction pathways and that it functions in cytoskeletal organization, fibroblast migration, platelet activation and axon guidance (2,3). Three phosphorylation sites, Ser157, Ser239, and Thr278, have been identified. Ser239 is the major PKG phosphorylation site while Ser157 is the major PKA phosphorylation site (4). Evidence suggests that VASP phosphorylation reduces its association with actin and has a negative effect on actin polymerization (5). Phosphorylation at Ser239 of VASP is a useful marker for monitoring PKG activation and signaling (6,7).
- Butt, E. et al. (1994) J Biol Chem 269, 14509-17.
- Ball, L.J. et al. (2000) EMBO J 19, 4903-14.
- Machesky, L.M. (2000) Cell 101, 685-8.
- Smolenski, A. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 20029-35.
- Harbeck, B. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 30817-25.
- Oelze, M. et al. (2000) Circ Res 87, 999-1005.
- Lawrence, D.W. and Pryzwansky, K.B. (2001) J Immunol 166, 5550-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3112 VASP Antibody
- 3114 Phospho-VASP (Ser239) Antibody
- 3132 VASP (9A2) Rabbit mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9967 Actin Reorganization Antibody Sampler Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条