Product Pathways - Vesicle Trafficking
CHMP2B (D4G3K) Rabbit mAb #76173
|76173S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00||现货查询 购买询价 防伪查询|
|76173||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation,
Specificity / Sensitivity
CHMP2B (D4G3K) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CHMP2B protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu171 of human CHMP2B protein.
CHMP2B is a component of the ESCRT III (endosomal sorting required for transport complex III) complex (1, 2). The ESCRT system is composed of the ESCRT-0, -I, -II, and -III complexes, which function sequentially to direct the transport of ubiquitinated transmembrane proteins into the intralumenal vesicles (ILVs), which will eventually mature into multivesicular bodies (MVBs). CHMP2B is a homolog of yeast Vps2, which functions in the ESCRT-II complex to change the initial spiral-structure of snf7 into membrane-sculpting helices for the final pinch off process (3). CHMP2B probably functions similarly in mammalian cells. Research studies show that manipulation of the ESCRT-III complex leads to accumulation of CHMP2B at the plasma membrane and overexpressed CHMP2B polymerizes into a tight helical structure that deforms the shape of associated plasma membrane (4).
Research studies have shown that mutation of CHMP2B is associated with frontotemporal dementia, (5, 6). Studies have further shown that the dysfunction of mutant CHMP2B expression may disrupts the normal endo-autophagosome and endo-lysosome pathways and lead to neurodegenerative diseases (6-9).
- McCullough, J. et al. (2013) Annu Rev Biochem 82, 663-92.
- Henne, W.M. et al. (2013) Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol 5, (9).
- Henne, W.M. et al. (2012) Cell 151, 356-71.
- Bodon, G. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 40276-86.
- Skibinski, G. et al. (2005) Nat Genet 37, 806-8.
- Lee, J.A. et al. (2007) Curr Biol 17, 1561-7.
- Filimonenko, M. et al. (2007) J Cell Biol 179, 485-500.
- Han, J.H. et al. (2012) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 421, 544-9.
- Urwin, H. et al. (2010) Hum Mol Genet 19, 2228-38.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条