Product Pathways - Metabolism
CYP2D6 (D5A6X) Rabbit mAb #73867
|73867S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00||现货查询 购买询价 防伪查询|
|73867||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation,
Specificity / Sensitivity
CYP2D6 (D5A6X) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CYP2D6 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val408 of human CYP2D6 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from human, mouse, and rat liver using CYP2D6 (D5A6X) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of CYP2D6 from mouse liver extracts. Lane 1 is 10% input, lane 2 is Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900, and lane 3 is CYP2D6 (D5A6X) Rabbit mAb. Western blot analysis was performed using CYP2D6 (D5A6X) Rabbit mAb and Mouse Anti-rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb #3678.
Cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) is a member of the cytochrome P450 superfamily of enzymes. CYP2D6 is located in the endoplasmic reticulum where it oxidizes substrates such as drugs and environmental chemicals (1,2). CYP2D6 metabolizes more than 25% of current commonly used drugs including antidepressants, antipsychotics, analgesics, beta-adrenergic blocking agents, antiarrythmics, and antiemetics. The CYP2D6 gene is highly polymorphic in humans, resulting in phenotypes that vary from poor metabolizer to super metabolizer. A patient's CYP2D6 genotype was shown to be a good predictor of drug response and side effects and is thus used to guide treatments (3-5). Although abundantly expressed in liver, CYP2D6 is also expressed in other organs including brain. In brain, CYP2D6 and other CYP family members are expressed in a cell-specific, region-specific manner (6-8). CYP2D6 functions as a neuroprotective enzyme that increases with age and is induced by nicotine and alcohol (9,10).
- Kimura, S. et al. (1989) Am J Hum Genet 45, 889-904.
- Rowland, P. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 7614-22.
- Ellingrod, V.L. et al. (2002) Psychiatr Genet 12, 55-8.
- Nussbaum, L.A. et al. (2014) Rom J Morphol Embryol 55, 877-84.
- Liu, M. et al. (2014) Dement Geriatr Cogn Dis Extra 4, 450-6.
- Miksys, S. et al. (2002) J Neurochem 82, 1376-87.
- Howard, L.A. et al. (2003) Br J Pharmacol 138, 1376-86.
- Miksys, S. et al. (2003) Neuropharmacology 45, 122-32.
- Mann, A. and Tyndale, R.F. (2010) Eur J Neurosci 31, 1185-93.
- Mann, A. et al. (2012) Neurobiol Aging 33, 2160-71.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 13384 CYP3A4 (D9U6N) Rabbit mAb
- 14217 CYP11A1 (D8F4F) Rabbit mAb
- 14528 Aromatase (D5Q2Y) Rabbit mAb
- 14719 CYP1A2 (D2V7S) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条