Product Pathways - Metabolism
OPA1 (D7C1A) Rabbit mAb #67589
|67589S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|67589||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry),
Specificity / Sensitivity
OPA1 (D7C1A) recognizes endogenous levels of total OPA1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to a central region of human OPA1 protein.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, mock-transfected (left) or transfected with SignalSilence® OPA1 siRNA II (right), using OPA1 (D7C1A) Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® (fluorescent DNA dye).
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (-), SignalSilence® OPA1 siRNA I (+), or SignalSilence® OPA1 siRNA II using OPA1 (D7C1A) Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower). The OPA1 (D7C1A) Rabbit mAb confirms silencing of OPA1 expression, while the β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb is used as a loading control.
Immunoprecipitation of OPA1 from MCF7 cell extracts. Lane 1 represents 10% input, lane 2 is Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900, and lane 3 is OPA1 (D7C1A) Rabbit mAb. Western blot was performed using OPA1 (D7C1A) Rabbit mAb. A conformation specific secondary antibody was used to avoid reactivity with IgG.
Changes in mitochondrial dynamics regulated by environmental cues affect mitochondrial size and shape and have been shown to dramatically impact mitochondrial metabolism, apoptosis, and autophagy (1). These processes are largely controlled by mitochondrial dynamin-related GTPases, including mitofusin-1, mitofusin-2, OPA1, and DRP1. DRP1 regulates mitochondrial fission, while the mitofusins and OPA1 control fusion at the outer and inner mitochondrial membrane, respectively.
OPA1, or Optic Atrophy 1, was originally identified as a genetic cause for Autosomal Dominant Optic Atrophy, a neuropathy resulting in progressive visual loss (2,3). OPA1 is a widely expressed protein localized to the inner mitochondrial membrane, which regulates mitochondrial fusion and cristae morphology and protects against apoptosis (4-6). OPA1 activity is tightly regulated through alternative splicing and post-translational modifications including complex proteolytic processing by multiple proteases (7-12). In addition, OPA1 expression can be induced under conditions of metabolic demand through a pathway involving Parkin induced NF-κB activation (13).
- Kasahara, A. and Scorrano, L. (2014) Trends Cell Biol 24, 761-70.
- Delettre, C. et al. (2000) Nat Genet 26, 207-10.
- Alexander, C. et al. (2000) Nat Genet 26, 211-5.
- Frezza, C. et al. (2006) Cell 126, 177-89.
- Olichon, A. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 7743-6.
- Griparic, L. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 18792-8.
- Delettre, C. et al. (2001) Hum Genet 109, 584-91.
- Olichon, A. et al. (2007) Cell Death Differ 14, 682-92.
- Ishihara, N. et al. (2006) EMBO J 25, 2966-77.
- Cipolat, S. et al. (2006) Cell 126, 163-75.
- Griparic, L. et al. (2007) J Cell Biol 178, 757-64.
- Merkwirth, C. et al. (2008) Genes Dev 22, 476-88.
- Müller-Rischart, A.K. et al. (2013) Mol Cell 49, 908-21.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 80471 OPA1 (D6U6N) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
SignalSilence is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条