Product Pathways - Neuroscience
SV2A (D1L8S) Rabbit mAb #66724
|66724S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|66724||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen),
Specificity / Sensitivity
SV2A (D1L8S) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total SV2A protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Phe516 of human SV2A protein.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of normal rat brain using SV2A (D1L8S) Rabbit mAb (green) and GFAP (GA5) Mouse mAb #3670 (red).
SV2s are a family of synaptic vesicle proteins expressed in both neurons and endocrine cells. SV2s function in the regulation of synaptic vesicle traffic, cytoplasmic Ca2+ levels in the nerve terminal during repetitive stimulation and the facilitation of synaptic transmission. There are three isoforms of SV2: SV2A, SV2B and SV2C. Each of these isoforms are structured similarly but expressed varyingly. SV2C, a minor isoform of SV2, expressed in a small subset of neurons located within the basal forebrain, midbrain and brainstem. SV2B, a major isoform of SV2 is expressed more abundantly, although rarely without the coexpression of SV2A. SV2A, the other major isoform of SV2 is the most widely expressed. SV2A is located in the presynaptic nerve terminals of almost every neuron throughout the nervous system. In addition, it is also located in most neuroendocrine secretory granules (1). SV2A has been identified as a critical protein for proper function of the central nervous system and has been linked to the physiopathology of epilepsy (2). In addition to the epileptic affects of this protein, mutations in it have also been seen to result in schizophrenia (3).
- Janz, R. et al. (1999) Neuron 24, 1003-16.
- van Vliet, E.A. et al. (2009) Epilepsia 50, 422-33.
- Mattheisen, M. et al. (2012) Schizophr Res 141, 262-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 15115 β-Tubulin (D2N5G) Rabbit mAb
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3926 SNAP25 (D110) Antibody
- 5461 Synaptophysin (D35E4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条