Product Pathways - Innate Immunity
IFITM3 (D8E8G) XP® Rabbit mAb #59212
|59212S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,580.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|59212||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin),
Specificity / Sensitivity
IFITM3 (D8E8G) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total IFITM3 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with IFITM1 or IFITM2 proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val5 of human IFITM3 protein.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using IFITM3 (D8E8G) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded HeLa (left) and RPMI 8226 (right) cell pellets using IFITM3 (D8E8G) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells untransfected (-), or transfected with a construct expressing Myc-tagged full-length human IFITM3 (hIFITM3-Myc; +), using IFITM3 (D8E8G) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using IFITM3 (D8E8G) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded normal human lymph node using IFITM3 (D8E8G) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Interferon-induced transmembrane protein (IFITM) family members are composed of short amino- and carboxy-termini, two transmembrane domains, and a cytoplasmic domain (1). There are four family members in humans: IFITM1, IFITM2, IFITM3, and IFITM5 (2,3). Mice have two additional family members, IFITM6 and IFITM7 (2,3). Basal expression of IFITM proteins is observed in some cells and expression can also be induced by type I and type II interferons (4-6). The primary function of IFITM family proteins appears to be viral restriction, as IFITM proteins inhibit cytosolic entry of viruses by preventing fusion of viral and host membranes (7,8). The mechanism by which IFITM proteins inhibit fusion is unclear. Although IFITM proteins are present on both the plasma membrane and intracellular membranes, they most effectively restrict viral fusion in late endosomes and lysosomes (8,9). In addition, different family members exhibit specific viral preferences (9). For example, IFITM3 is most effective at restricting influenza A infection, while IFITM1 is more successful in controlling filoviruses and SARS (9,10).
- Diamond, M.S. and Farzan, M. (2013) Nat Rev Immunol 13, 46-57.
- Lange, U.C. et al. (2003) BMC Dev Biol 3, 1.
- Hickford, D. et al. (2012) BMC Genomics 13, 155.
- Reid, L.E. et al. (1989) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86, 840-4.
- Lewin, A.R. et al. (1991) Eur J Biochem 199, 417-23.
- Friedman, R.L. et al. (1984) Cell 38, 745-55.
- Brass, A.L. et al. (2009) Cell 139, 1243-54.
- Feeley, E.M. et al. (2011) PLoS Pathog 7, e1002337.
- Huang, I.C. et al. (2011) PLoS Pathog 7, e1001258.
- Everitt, A.R. et al. (2012) Nature 484, 519-23.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 13079 Immunohistochemistry Application Solutions Kit (Rabbit)
- 14166 Hematoxylin
- 14177 SignalStain® Mounting Medium
- 14746 SignalStain® Citrate Unmasking Solution (10X)
- 15019 Animal-Free Blocking Solution (5X)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
SignalStain is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条