Product Pathways - Transcription Factors
PAX8 (D2S2I) Rabbit mAb #59019
|59019S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|59019||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), ChIP=Chromatin IP,
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat,
Specificity / Sensitivity
PAX8 (D2S2I) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PAX8 protein. PAX8 (D2S2I) Rabbit mAb may detect other isoforms of Pax8.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly274 of human PAX8 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from ACHN, OVCAR3, and IGROV-1 cells using PAX8 (D2S2I) Rabbit mAb.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 786-O cells and either 10 μl of PAX8 (D2S2I) Rabbit mAb #59019, or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729, using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by Real-Time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human CTGF Promoter Primers #14927, human PAX8 promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Paired box (PAX) proteins are a family of transcription factors that play important and diverse roles in animal development (1). Nine PAX proteins (PAX1-9) have been described in humans and other mammals. They are defined by the presence of an amino-terminal "paired" domain, consisting of two helix-turn-helix motifs, with DNA binding activity (2). PAX proteins are classified into four structurally distinct subgroups (I-IV) based on the absence or presence of a carboxy-terminal homeodomain and a central octapeptide region. Subgroup I (PAX1 and 9) contains the octapeptide but lacks the homeodomain; subgroup II (PAX2, 5, and 8) contains the octapeptide and a truncated homeodomain; subgroup III (PAX3 and 7) contains the octapeptide and a complete homeodomain; and subgroup IV (PAX4 and 6) contains a complete homeodomain but lacks the octapeptide region (2). PAX proteins play critically important roles in development by regulating transcriptional networks responsible for embryonic patterning and organogenesis (3); a subset of PAX proteins also maintain functional importance during postnatal development (4). Research studies have implicated genetic mutations that result in aberrant expression of PAX genes in a number of cancer subtypes (1-3), with members of subgroups II and III identified as potential mediators of tumor progression (2).
PAX8 is involved in the development of thyroid follicular cells and the expression of thyroid-specific genes (5). Investigators have associated mutations in the PAX8 gene with thyroid dysgenesis, thyroid follicular carcinomas, and atypical follicular thyroid adenomas (6,7).
- Lang, D. et al. (2007) Biochem Pharmacol 73, 1-14.
- Robson, E.J. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Cancer 6, 52-62.
- Wang, Q. et al. (2008) J Cell Mol Med 12, 2281-94.
- Blake, J.A. et al. (2008) Dev Dyn 237, 2791-803.
- Kimura, S. (2011) J Thyroid Res 2011, 710213.
- Fagman, H. and Nilsson, M. (2011) J Mol Endocrinol 46, R33-42.
- Albarel, F. et al. (2012) Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 73, 155-64.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 14927 SimpleChIP® Human CTGF Promoter Primers
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
DyLight is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
SimpleChIP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条