Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Fascin (55k-2) Mouse mAb #54545
|54545S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|54545||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry),
Specificity / Sensitivity
Fascin (55k-2) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total fascin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with fascin protein purified from HeLa cells.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Fascin (55k-2) Mouse mAb (upper) and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Fascin is a monomeric, globular protein that plays a central role in regulating the structure and function of the cortical actin cytoskeleton (1). Fascin promotes cross-linkage of parallel actin filaments during the formation of cell protrusions (lamellipodia and filopodia), and therefore plays an important role in regulating cell migration (2). It has been reported that fascin may also regulate filopodia formation by a mechanism independent of its actin-bundling functions (3), though less is known about this mechanism of action. Research studies have shown that increased fascin expression is associated with increased motility and invasiveness of neoplastic cells, including breast, colon, prostate, and esophageal squamous cell carcinomas (4-6). Fascin binds to the armadillo-repeat domain of β-catenin in vitro and in vivo, and has been shown to co-localize with β-catenin and cadherins at the leading edge of migratory cells (7).
- Hoelzle, M.K. and Svitkina, T. (2012) Mol Biol Cell 23, 310-23.
- Adams, J.C. (2004) Curr Opin Cell Biol 16, 590-6.
- Zanet, J. et al. (2012) J Cell Biol 197, 477-86.
- Hashimoto, Y. et al. (2005) Int J Biochem Cell Biol 37, 1787-804.
- Stewart, C.J. et al. (2012) J Clin Pathol 65, 213-7.
- Alam, H. et al. (2012) BMC Cancer 12, 32.
- Tao, Y.S. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 134, 1271-81.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7072 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9269 Fascin (D1A8) Rabbit mAb
- 99978 Fascin (55K-2) Mouse mAb (IHC Formulated)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条