Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-MEK1 (Thr292) Antibody #51265
|51265S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,900.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|51265||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation,
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Dog, Pig,
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-MEK1 (Thr292) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of MEK1 protein only when phosphorylated at Thr292. This antibody does not cross-react with MEK2 protein. This antibody cross-reacts with a 170 kDa protein of unknown identity in some cell lysates.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr292 of human MEK1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from A-431 cells, untreated (-) or λ phosphatase-treated (+), using Phospho-MEK1 (Thr292) Antibody (upper) and MEK1 (D2R1O) Rabbit mAb #12671 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from A-431 and MCF7 cells using Phospho-MEK1 (Thr292) Antibody. The phospho-specificity of the antibody was verified by pre-incubating the antibody with no peptide (left), MEK1 non-phosphopeptide (center), and MEK1 (Thr292) phosphopeptide (right).
Western blot analysis of extracts from wild-type MEFs (WT MEFs) and Mek1 knock-out MEFs (Mek1 KO MEFs), using Phospho-MEK1 (Thr292) Antibody (upper), MEK1 (D2R1O) Rabbit mAb #12671 (middle), and GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174 (lower). Mek1 KO MEFs were generously provided by Dr. Jean Charron, Centre de recherche du Centre hospitalier de l'Université Laval, Quebec, Canada.
MEK1 and MEK2, also called MAPK or Erk kinases, are dual-specificity protein kinases that function in a mitogen activated protein kinase cascade controlling cell growth and differentiation (1-3). Activation of MEK1 and MEK2 occurs through phosphorylation of two serine residues at positions 217 and 221, located in the activation loop of subdomain VIII, by Raf-like molecules. MEK1/2 is activated by a wide variety of growth factors and cytokines and also by membrane depolarization and calcium influx (1-4). Constitutively active forms of MEK1/2 are sufficient for the transformation of NIH/3T3 cells or the differentiation of PC-12 cells (4). MEK activates p44 and p42 MAP kinase by phosphorylating both threonine and tyrosine residues at sites located within the activation loop of kinase subdomain VIII.
In response to integrin signaling, p21-activated kinase -1 (PAK-1) phosphorylates MEK1 at Ser298, which enhances MEK1-ERK2 complex formation and MEK1 activation by Raf-1. These events positively regulate the Raf-1-MEK-ERK signaling cascade (5-9). Research studies have identified a negative regulatory loop in the Raf-1-MEK-ERK signaling cascade, in which ERK2-dependent phosphorylation of MEK1 at Thr292 negatively regulates MEK1 activation following cell adhesion. Specifically, ERK2-dependent phosphorylation of MEK1 also attenuates its PAK-1-mediated phosphorylation, contributing to a reduction in Raf-dependent phosphorylation of residues within the MEK1 activation loop (7,10).
- Crews, C.M. et al. (1992) Science 258, 478-480.
- Alessi, D.R. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 1610-19.
- Rosen, L.B. et al. (1994) Neuron 12, 1207-21.
- Cowley, S. et al. (1994) Cell 77, 841-52.
- Frost, J.A. et al. (1997) EMBO J 16, 6426-38.
- Rossomando, A.J. et al. (1994) Mol Cell Biol 14, 1594-602.
- Eblen, S.T. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 2308-17.
- Eblen, S.T. et al. (2002) Mol Cell Biol 22, 6023-33.
- Coles, L.C. and Shaw, P.E. (2002) Oncogene 21, 2236-44.
- Xu, B.e. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 34029-35.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 12671 MEK1 (D2R1O) Rabbit mAb
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 2338 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser221) (166F8) Rabbit mAb
- 2352 MEK1 (61B12) Mouse mAb
- 2729 Normal Rabbit IgG
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9124 MEK1 Antibody
- 9127 Phospho-MEK1 (Thr286) Antibody
- 9128 Phospho-MEK1 (Ser298) Antibody
- 9146 MEK1 (30C8) Rabbit mAb
- 9154 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) (41G9) Rabbit mAb
- 9863 Protein A Agarose Beads
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条