Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Clusterin (D4B6P) Rabbit mAb #42143
|42143S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|42143||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human,||Endogenous||32-42, 65, 75||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation,
Specificity / Sensitivity
Clusterin (D4B6P) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total clusterin precursor protein, mature clusterin α chain, and clusterin heterodimer protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding His392 of human clusterin protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from concentrated, serum-free culture medium of MCF7 and U-118 MG cells using Clusterin (D4B6P) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MCF7 and Huh7 cells using Clusterin (D4B6P) Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of clusterin from MCF7 cell extracts. Lane 1 is 10% input, lane 2 is Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900, and lane 3 is Clusterin (D4B6P) Rabbit mAb. Western blot analysis was performed using Clusterin (D4B6P) Rabbit mAb and Mouse Anti-rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb #3678.
Clusterin (CLU, apolipoprotein J) is a multifunctional glycoprotein that is expressed ubiquitously in most tissues. Clusterin functions as a secreted chaperone protein that interacts with and stabilizes stress-induced proteins to prevent their precipitation (1,2). Research studies show that clusterin plays a protective role in Alzheimer’s disease by sequestering amyloid β(1-40) peptides to form long-lived, stable complexes, which prevents amyloid fibril formation (3-5).
In addition to the secreted protein, several intracellular isoforms are localized to the nucleus, mitochondria, cytoplasm, and ER. The subcellular distribution of these multiple isoforms leads to the diversity of clusterin functions. Additional studies report that clusterin is involved in membrane recycling, cell adhesion, cell proliferation, apoptosis, and tumor survival (6-9). The clusterin precursor is post-translationally cleaved into the mature clusterin α and clusterin β forms. Clusterin α and β chains create a heterodimer through formation of disulfide bonds (10).
- Poon, S. et al. (2000) Biochemistry 39, 15953-60.
- Poon, S. et al. (2002) FEBS Lett 513, 259-66.
- Yerbury, J.J. et al. (2007) FASEB J 21, 2312-22.
- Narayan, P. et al. (2012) Nat Struct Mol Biol 19, 79-83.
- Desikan, R.S. et al. (2014) JAMA Neurol 71, 180-7.
- Rosenberg, M.E. and Silkensen, J. (1995) Int J Biochem Cell Biol 27, 633-45.
- Wilson, M.R. and Easterbrook-Smith, S.B. (2000) Trends Biochem Sci 25, 95-8.
- Trougakos, I.P. and Gonos, E.S. (2002) Int J Biochem Cell Biol 34, 1430-48.
- Shannan, B. et al. (2006) Cell Death Differ 13, 12-9.
- de Silva, H.V. et al. (1990) Biochemistry 29, 5380-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条