Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Mcl-1 (D5V5L) Rabbit mAb #39224
|39224S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|39224||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry),
Specificity / Sensitivity
Mcl-1 (D5V5L) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Mcl-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu35 of human Mcl-1 protein.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of MCF7 (higher-expressing; left) and SK-OV-3 (lower-expressing; right) cells using MCL1 (D5V5L) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DyLightTM 554 Phalloidin #13054 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using Mcl-1 (D5V5L) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) and antigen-specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded MCF7 (left) and SK-OV-3 (right) cell pellets using Mcl-1 (D5V5L) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines, using Mcl-1 (D5V5L) Rabbit mAb (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human ovarian carcinoma using Mcl-1 (D5V5L) Rabbit mAb.
Mcl-1 is an anti-apoptotic member of the Bcl-2 family originally isolated from the ML-1 human myeloid leukemia cell line during phorbol ester-induced differentiation along the monocyte/macrophage pathway (1). Similar to other Bcl-2 family members, Mcl-1 localizes to the mitochondria (2), interacts with and antagonizes pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 family members (3), and inhibits apoptosis induced by a number of cytotoxic stimuli (4). Mcl-1 differs from its other family members in its regulation at both the transcriptional and post-translational level. First, Mcl-1 has an extended amino-terminal PEST region, which is responsible for its relatively short half-life (1,2). Second, unlike other family members, Mcl-1 is rapidly transcribed via a PI3K/Akt dependent pathway, resulting in its increased expression during myeloid differentiation and cytokine stimulation (1,5-7). Mcl-1 is phosphorylated in response to treatment with phorbol ester, microtubule-damaging agents, oxidative stress, and cytokine withdrawal (8-11). Phosphorylation at Thr163, the conserved MAP kinase/ERK site located within the PEST region, slows Mcl-1 protein turnover (10) but may prime the GSK-3 mediated phosphorylation at Ser159 that leads to Mcl-1 destabilization (11). Mcl-1 deficiency in mice results in peri-implantation lethality (12). In addition, conditional disruption of the corresponding mcl-1 gene shows that Mcl-1 plays an important role in early lymphoid development and in the maintenance of mature lymphocytes (13).
- Kozopas, K.M. et al. (1993) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 90, 3516-20.
- Yang, T. et al. (1995) J Cell Biol 128, 1173-84.
- Sato, T. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 9238-42.
- Zhou, P. et al. (1997) Blood 89, 630-43.
- Wang, J.M. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 6195-206.
- Jourdan, M. et al. (2003) Oncogene 22, 2950-9.
- Chao, J.R. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 4883-98.
- Domina, A.M. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 21688-94.
- Inoshita, S. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 43730-4.
- Domina, A.M. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23, 5301-15.
- Maurer, U. et al. (2006) Mol Cell 21, 749-60.
- Rinkenberger, J.L. et al. (2000) Genes Dev 14, 23-7.
- Opferman, J.T. et al. (2003) Nature 426, 671-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 13079 Immunohistochemistry Application Solutions Kit (Rabbit)
- 13297 Phospho-Mcl-1 (Ser64) Antibody
- 14166 Hematoxylin
- 14177 SignalStain® Mounting Medium
- 14746 SignalStain® Citrate Unmasking Solution (10X)
- 14765 Phospho-Mcl-1 (Thr163) (D5M9D) Rabbit mAb
- 15019 Animal-Free Blocking Solution (5X)
- 4579 Phospho-Mcl-1 (Ser159/Thr163) Antibody
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 5453 Mcl-1 (D35A5) Rabbit mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 94296 Mcl-1 (D2W9E) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
DyLight is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
SignalStain is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条