Product Pathways - Metabolism
IRP2 (D6E6W) Rabbit mAb #37135
|37135S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|37135||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting,
Specificity / Sensitivity
IRP2 (D6E6W) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total IRP2 protein. It does not recognize human IRP1.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro731 of human IRP2 protein.
Iron regulatory proteins (IRPs; also known as IREBs) are RNA-binding proteins that recognize iron-responsive elements (IREs) and play an important role in maintaining iron homeostasis in mammalian cells. IREs are conserved cis-regulatory hairpin structures located within the 5’ or 3’ untranslated regions (UTRs) of target mRNAs. IRPs inhibit translation when bound to IREs within the 5’ UTR of mRNA encoding for proteins involved in iron storage, export, and utilization. IRP binding to multiple IREs within the 3’ UTR of transferin receptor 1 (TFR1) mRNA prevents its degradation, thereby augmenting translation of TFR1 and increasing iron uptake into cells (1-3). Dysregulation of IRPs has been associated with human cancers (4-6).
In iron replete cells, FBXL5 targets IRP2 for degradation. Under iron deficiency and/or hypoxic conditions, FBXL5 is destabilized, resulting in IRP2 accumulation and interaction with IRE-containing mRNA (7).
- Rouault, T.A. (2006) Nat Chem Biol 2, 406-14.
- Wang, J. and Pantopoulos, K. (2011) Biochem J 434, 365-81.
- Pantopoulos, K. et al. (2012) Biochemistry 51, 5705-24.
- Haro, K.J. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e48841.
- Wang, W. et al. (2014) Cancer Res 74, 497-507.
- Jeong, S.M. et al. (2015) Oncogene 34, 2115-24.
- Moroishi, T. et al. (2011) Cell Metab 14, 339-51.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条