Product Pathways - Transcription Factors
GATA-4 (D3A3M) Rabbit mAb #36966
|36966S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|36966||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, F=Flow Cytometry, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry),
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat,
Specificity / Sensitivity
GATA-4 (D3A3M) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total GATA-4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human GATA-4 protein.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of Huh7 (left) and HeLa (right) cells using GATA-4 (D3A3M) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DyLight™ 554 Phalloidin #13054 (red).
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using GATA-4 (D3A3M) Rabbit mAb (upper) and GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174 (lower). As expected, HeLa cells exhibit very low GATA-4 expression.
GATA proteins comprise a group of transcription factors that are related by the presence of conserved zinc finger DNA binding domains, which bind directly to the nucleotide sequence core element GATA (1-3). There are six vertebrate GATA proteins, designated GATA-1 to GATA-6 (3).
GATA-4 is crucial for cardiomyocyte differentiation (4), and not surprisingly, mutations in the GATA-4 gene are implicated in many cardiac diseases, such as tetralogy of Fallot (5), familial and sporadic dilated cardiomyopathy (6,7), and atrial septal defect (8). GATA-4 and GATA-6 together maintain intestinal epithelial structure by regulating enterocyte gene expression (9). They also have overlapping roles in steroidogenesis and genital ridge formation during gonadal development (10). GATA-4 is also a required factor for bone mineralization in osteoblast progenitor cells, where it suppresses TGF-β and activates BMP signaling (11). Research studies have uncovered crosstalk among the transcription factors GATA-4, GATA-6, and KLF5 that promotes gastric cancer development (12). Additional studies describe the role of histone H3K9 hyperacetylation on the GATA-4 promoter in fetal mice that have been exposed to ethanol (13).
- Ko, L.J. and Engel, J.D. (1993) Mol Cell Biol 13, 4011-22.
- Merika, M. and Orkin, S.H. (1993) Mol Cell Biol 13, 3999-4010.
- Lowry, J.A. and Atchley, W.R. (2000) J Mol Evol 50, 103-15.
- Gan, L. et al. (2014) Gene Expr Patterns 16, 8-22.
- Yang, Y.Q. et al. (2013) Hum Mutat 34, 1662-71.
- Li, R.G. et al. (2013) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 439, 591-6.
- Li, J. et al. (2014) Gene 548, 174-81.
- Mohan, R.A. et al. (2014) Am J Med Genet A 164A, 2732-8.
- Walker, E.M. et al. (2014) Dev Biol 392, 283-94.
- LaVoie, H.A. (2014) Biol Reprod 91, 38.
- Güemes, M. et al. (2014) J Bone Miner Res 29, 2676-87.
- Chia, N.Y. et al. (2015) Gut 64, 707-19.
- Peng, C. et al. (2014) PLoS One 9, e104135.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DyLight is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Alexa Fluor is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条