Product Pathways - Protein Stability
AUP1 (D5M9Q) Rabbit mAb #35055
|35055S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|35055||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation,
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine,
Specificity / Sensitivity
AUP1 (D5M9Q) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total AUP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln320 of human AUP1 protein, long isoform.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using AUP1 (D5M9Q) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human AUP1 protein, short isoform (hAUP1-Myc/DDK; +), using AUP1 Antibody.
Immunoprecipitation of AUP1 from 293T cell extracts. Lane 1 is 10% input, lane 2 is Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900, and lane 3 is AUP1 (D5M9Q) Rabbit mAb. Western blot analysis was performed using AUP1 (D5M9Q) Rabbit mAb. Anti-Rabbit HRP-conjugated light chain-specific secondary antibody was used for detection.
Ancient ubiquitous protein 1 (AUP1) is a component of the ER-associated protein degradation (ERAD) machinery responsible for the ubiquitin-mediated degradation of misfolded proteins (1). AUP1 protein contains four conserved domains, with a long, amino-terminal stretch of hydrophobic amino acids followed by an acyltransferase domain (2). Amino-terminal protein sequences direct localization of AUP1 to both the ER and to cytosolic lipid droplets (3). The AUP1 CUE domain binds ubiquitin (4), while the G2BR domain allows for association between AUP1 and E2 conjugating enzyme UBE2G2 (5,6). The presence of these binding domains suggests a central role for AUP1 in the ubiquitination-mediated protein degradation (2). Research studies indicate that AUP1 recruits UBE2G2 to cytosolic lipid droplets, ER-derived organelles that are sites for storage and hydrolysis of neutral lipids. Inhibition of AUP1 protein function results in decreased ubiquitin-mediated degradation of several proteins, including the cholesterol biosynthetic enzyme HMG-CoA-reductase and the cholesterol synthesis regulator INSIG1 (6).
- Mueller, B. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 12325-30.
- Spandl, J. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 5599-606.
- Stevanovic, A. and Thiele, C. (2013) J Lipid Res 54, 503-13.
- Lohmann, D. et al. (2013) PLoS One 8, e72453.
- Klemm, E.J. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 37602-14.
- Jo, Y. et al. (2013) Mol Biol Cell 24, 169-83.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 14773 SYVN1 (D3O2A) Rabbit mAb
- 3900 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control
- 63182 UBE2G2 (D8Z4G) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9590 AMFR Antibody
- 9863 Protein A Agarose Beads
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条