Product Pathways - Metabolism
ETEA/UBXD8 (D8H6D) Rabbit mAb #34945
|34945S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|34945||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation,
Specificity / Sensitivity
ETEA/UBXD8 (D8H6D) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total ETEA/UBXD8 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly430 of human ETEA/UBXD8 protein.
Ubiquitin regulatory X domain-containing protein 8 (UBXD8, also known as ETEA and FAF2) is a hairpin-anchored endoplasmic reticulum (ER) protein involved in ER associated degradation (ERAD). It influences this process by promoting translocation of misfolded proteins from the ER lumen to the cytoplasm for proteasome-mediated degradation (1). UBXD8 is a sensor for unsaturated fatty acids. In the absence of fatty acids UBXD8 binds to and targets INSIG1 for degradation, ultimately resulting in activation of SREBP-1. Under this condition, UBXD8 also inhibits triglyceride synthesis by blocking the conversion of diacylglycerols into triglycerides. Unsaturated fatty acids trigger UBXD8 polymerization and dissociation of UBXD8/INSIG1 complex, leading to feedback inhibition of SREBP-1 (2, 3). This induces UBXD8 to translocate from the ER to lipid droplets, where it binds to ATGL and inhibits its lipase activity (4, 5). The complex containing p97 and UBXD8 is reported to promote disassembly of the ribonucleoprotein complex to control mRNA stability (6). In addition, UBXD8 binds to and promotes degradation of neurofibromin (NF1), suggesting a role in regulating Ras activity (7).
- Mueller, B. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 12325-30.
- Lee, J.N. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 33772-83.
- Lee, J.N. et al. (2010) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107, 21424-9.
- Zehmer, J.K. et al. (2009) J Cell Sci 122, 3694-702.
- Olzmann, J.A. et al. (2013) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110, 1345-50.
- Zhou, H.L. et al. (2013) Genes Dev 27, 1046-58.
- Phan, V.T. et al. (2010) Mol Cell Biol 30, 2264-79.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条