Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
p70 S6 Kinase MCF7 Control Cell Extracts #34499
|34499S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥1,450.00||现货查询 购买询价 防伪查询|
|34499||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting,
Nonphosphorylated p70 S6 Kinase Control Cell Extracts: Total cell extracts from MCF7 cells, prepared without treatment, serve as a negative control. Supplied in SDS Sample Buffer.
Phosphorylated p70 S6 Kinase Control Cell Extracts: Total cell extracts from MCF7 cells, prepared with hIGF-1 (#8917) treatment (100 ng/ml, 10 min), serve as a positive control. Supplied in SDS Sample Buffer.
p70 S6 kinase is a mitogen activated Ser/Thr protein kinase that is required for cell growth and G1 cell cycle progression (1,2). p70 S6 kinase phosphorylates the S6 protein of the 40S ribosomal subunit and is involved in translational control of 5' oligopyrimidine tract mRNAs (1). A second isoform, p85 S6 kinase, is derived from the same gene and is identical to p70 S6 kinase except for 23 extra residues at the amino terminus, which encode a nuclear localizing signal (1). Both isoforms lie on a mitogen activated signaling pathway downstream of phosphoinositide-3 kinase (PI-3K) and the target of rapamycin, FRAP/mTOR, a pathway distinct from the Ras/MAP kinase cascade (1). The activity of p70 S6 kinase is controlled by multiple phosphorylation events located within the catalytic, linker and pseudosubstrate domains (1). Phosphorylation of Thr229 in the catalytic domain and Thr389 in the linker domain are most critical for kinase function (1). Phosphorylation of Thr389, however, most closely correlates with p70 kinase activity in vivo (3). Prior phosphorylation of Thr389 is required for the action of phosphoinositide 3-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) on Thr229 (4,5). Phosphorylation of this site is stimulated by growth factors such as insulin, EGF and FGF, as well as by serum and some G-protein-coupled receptor ligands, and is blocked by wortmannin, LY294002 (PI-3K inhibitor) and rapamycin (FRAP/mTOR inhibitor) (1,6,7). Ser411, Thr421 and Ser424 lie within a Ser-Pro-rich region located in the pseudosubstrate region (1). Phosphorylation at these sites is thought to activate p70 S6 kinase via relief of pseudosubstrate suppression (1,2). Another LY294002 and rapamycin sensitive phosphorylation site, Ser371, is an in vitro substrate for mTOR and correlates well with the activity of a partially rapamycin resistant mutant p70 S6 kinase (8).
- Pullen, N. and Thomas, G. (1997) FEBS Lett 410, 78-82.
- Dufner, A. and Thomas, G. (1999) Exp Cell Res 253, 100-9.
- Weng, Q.P. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 16621-9.
- Pullen, N. et al. (1998) Science 279, 707-10.
- Alessi, D.R. et al. (1998) Curr Biol 8, 69-81.
- Polakiewicz, R.D. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 23534-41.
- Fingar, D.C. et al. (2002) Genes Dev 16, 1472-87.
- Saitoh, M. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 20104-12.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 2708 p70 S6 Kinase (49D7) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9202 p70 S6 Kinase Antibody
- 9204 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr421/Ser424) Antibody
- 9205 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) Antibody
- 9206 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) (1A5) Mouse mAb
- 9208 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Ser371) Antibody
- 9234 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) (108D2) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条