Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
UTX (D3Q1I) Rabbit mAb #33510
|33510S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00||现货查询 购买询价 防伪查询|
|33510||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin),
Specificity / Sensitivity
UTX (D3Q1I) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total UTX protein. This antibody does not cross-react with UTY protein. This antibody also cross-reacts with unidentified proteins of 60 kDa and 70 kDa.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein surrounding Ala490 of human UTX protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using UTX (D3Q1I) Rabbit mAb (upper) and α-Actinin (D6F6) XP® Rabbit mAb #6487 (lower). As expected, THP-1 cells are negative for UTX.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human ovarian carcinoma using UTX (D3Q1I) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded colon carcinoma using UTX (D3Q1I) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded 293 (left) and THP-1 (right) cell pellets using UTX (D3Q1I) Rabbit mAb.
The methylation state of lysine residues in histone proteins is a major determinant of the formation of active and inactive regions of the genome and is crucial for proper programming of the genome during development (1,2). Jumonji C (JmjC) domain-containing proteins represent the largest class of potential histone demethylase proteins (3). The JmjC domain can catalyze the demethylation of mono-, di-, and tri-methyl lysine residues via an oxidative reaction that requires iron and α-ketoglutarate (3). Based on homology, both humans and mice contain at least 30 such proteins, which can be divided into 7 separate families (3). The three members of the UTX/UTY family include the ubiquitously transcribed X chromosome tetratricopeptide repeat protein (UTX), the ubiquitously transcribed Y chromosome tetratricopeptide repeat protein (UTY) and JmjC domain-containing protein 3 (JMJD3) (3). This family of proteins has been shown to demethylate both di- and tri-methyl histone H3 Lys 27 (4-8). The UTX gene escapes X inactivation in females and is ubiquitously expressed (9). UTX functions to regulate HOX gene expression during development (4-6). JMJD3 functions to regulate gene expression in macrophages responding to various inflammatory stimuli and has been shown to be upregulated in prostate cancer (7,8). Both UTX and JMJD3 interact with mixed-lineage leukemia (MLL) complexes 2 and 3, both of which have been shown to methylate histone H3 at Lys4 (6,7). The UTY gene is expressed in most tissues in the male mouse (10).
- Kubicek, S. et al. (2006) Ernst Schering Res Found Workshop , 1-27.
- Lin, W. and Dent, S.Y. (2006) Curr Opin Genet Dev 16, 137-42.
- Klose, R.J. et al. (2006) Nat Rev Genet 7, 715-27.
- Agger, K. et al. (2007) Nature 449, 731-4.
- Lan, F. et al. (2007) Nature 449, 689-94.
- Lee, M.G. et al. (2007) Science 318, 447-50.
- De Santa, F. et al. (2007) Cell 130, 1083-94.
- Xiang, Y. et al. (2007) Cell Res 17, 850-7.
- Greenfield, A. et al. (1998) Hum Mol Genet 7, 737-42.
- Greenfield, A. et al. (1996) Nat Genet 14, 474-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
SignalStain is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条