Product Pathways - Protein Stability
HERPUD1 Antibody #26730
|26730S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00||现货查询 购买询价 防伪查询|
|26730||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting,
Specificity / Sensitivity
HERPUD1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total HERPUD1 protein. This antibody also cross-reacts with unidentified proteins of 30 kDa and 48 kDa. This antibody does not cross-react with HERPUD2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human HERPUD1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, untreated (-) or treated with Thapsigargin #12758 (1 μM, 16 hr; +) or Tunicamycin #12819 (5 μg/ml, 16 hr; +), using HERPUD1 Antibody (upper) and GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with constructs expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human HERPUD1 protein (hHERPUD1-Myc/DDK; +) or Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human HERPUD2 protein (hHERPUD2-Myc/DDK; +), using HERPUD1 Antibody (upper) and DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody #2368 (lower).
The homocysteine-responsive, ER-resident ubiquitin-like domain member 1 protein (HERPUD1) is an ER membrane protein and putative component of the ER-membrane-associated protein degradation (ERAD) pathway (1). HERPUD1 is a transmembrane protein with both amino- and carboxy-termini exposed to the cytoplasm. The amino-terminal HERPUD1 region contains an ubiquitin-like (UBL) domain (1). Increased expression of HERPUD1 protein following ER stress and its association with ERAD component proteins suggests that HERPUD1 may play an integral role in ERAD pathway function (1). Research studies demonstrate that HERPUD1 associates with components of the ERAD machinery, such as the E3 ubiquitin ligase HRD1, which enhances HRD1-mediated ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation of potentially toxic ERAD substrates (2-4). The HERPUD1 protein may act as a molecular adaptor for the recruitment of ERAD machinery and the amino-terminal UBL domain may important for this function (3,4). The loss of HERPUD1 expression renders cells more susceptible to ER stress and apoptosis (5,6).
- Kokame, K. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 32846-53.
- Schulze, A. et al. (2005) J Mol Biol 354, 1021-7.
- Kny, M. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 5151-6.
- Leitman, J. et al. (2014) Mol Biol Cell 25, 1050-60.
- Hori, O. et al. (2004) Genes Cells 9, 457-69.
- Chan, S.L. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 28733-43.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12497 OS-9 (D8P4G) Rabbit mAb
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 14773 SYVN1 (D3O2A) Rabbit mAb
- 15160 VIMP (D1D1M) Rabbit mAb
- 2649 VCP (7F3) Rabbit mAb
- 63182 UBE2G2 (D8Z4G) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9590 AMFR Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条