Product Pathways - Autophagy Signaling
GABARAPL1 (D5R9Y) XP® Rabbit mAb #26632
|26632S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,580.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|26632T||20 µl ( 2 western blots )||￥1,400.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|26632||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human,Mouse,Rat,||Endogenous||14, 16||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, F=Flow Cytometry, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry),
Specificity / Sensitivity
GABARAPL1 (D5R9Y) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total GABARAPL1 protein. This antibody does not cross react with other GABARAP family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human GABARAPL1 protein.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, untreated (left) or treated with chloroquine (50 μM, 24 hr; right), using GABARAPL1 (D5R9Y) XP® Rabbit mAb (green) and β-Actin (8H10D10) Mouse mAb #3700 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, C2C12, and C6 cells, untreated (-) or treated with chloroquine (50 μM, overnight; +), using GABARAPL1 (D5R9Y) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with constructs expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human GABARAP protein (hGABARAP-Myc/DDK; +), human GABARAPL1 protein (hGABARAPL1-Myc/DDK; +), or human GABARAPL2 protein (hGABARAPL2-Myc/DDK; +) using GABARAPL1 (D5R9Y) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
GABAA receptor associated protein (GABARAP) is an Atg8 family protein with a key role in autophagy, which was originally discovered as a protein associated with the GABAA receptor regulating receptor trafficking to the plasma membrane (1). Proteins in this family, including microtubule-associated protein light chain 3 (LC3) and GATE-16 (GABARAPL2), become incorporated into the autophagosomal membranes following autophagic stimuli such as starvation (2). Like the other family members, GABARAP is cleaved at its carboxyl terminus, which leads to conjugation by either of the phospholipids phosphatidylethanolamine or phosphatidylserine (3,4). This processing converts GABARAP from a type I to a type II membrane bound form involved in autophagosome biogenesis. Processing of GABARAP involves cleavage by Atg4 family members (5,6) followed by conjugation by the E1 and E2 like enzymes Atg7 and Atg3 (7,8). GABARAPL1/GEC1, a protein that is highly related to GABARAP, was identified as an estrogen inducible gene, and is also associated with autophagosomes (9-11).
Gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor-associated protein-like 1 (GABARAPL1) appears to be more highly expressed in the CNS as compared to other family members (12-14). Expression of GABARAPL1 is associated with prognosis of some cancers, including hepatocellular and breast cancer (15,16). Inhibition of GABARAPL1 expression in breast cancer cells attenuates autophagic flux, results in metabolic changes, and leads to cancer promoting activities (17).
- Wang, H. et al. (1999) Nature 397, 69-72.
- Shpilka, T. et al. (2011) Genome Biol 12, 226.
- Kabeya, Y. et al. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 2805-12.
- Sou, Y.S. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 3017-24.
- Tanida, I. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 36268-76.
- Hemelaar, J. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 51841-50.
- Tanida, I. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 1701-6.
- Tanida, I. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 13739-44.
- Chakrama, F.Z. et al. (2010) Autophagy 6, 495-505.
- Pellerin, I. et al. (1993) Mol Cell Endocrinol 90, R17-21.
- Vernier-Magnin, S. et al. (2001) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 284, 118-25.
- Nemos, C. et al. (2003) Brain Res Mol Brain Res 119, 216-9.
- Wang, Y. et al. (2006) Neuroscience 140, 1265-76.
- Le Grand, J.N. et al. (2013) PLoS One 8, e63133.
- Liu, C. et al. (2014) Oncol Rep 31, 2043-8.
- Berthier, A. et al. (2010) Br J Cancer 102, 1024-31.
- Boyer-Guittaut, M. et al. (2014) Autophagy 10, 986-1003.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条