Product Pathways - Protein Stability
Rad23A (D7U7Z) Rabbit mAb #24555
|24555S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|24555||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation,
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rad23A (D7U7Z) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Rad23A protein. This antibody does not cross-react with Rad23B.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln214 of human Rad23A protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Rad23A (D7U7Z) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human Rad23A protein (hRad23A-Myc/DDK; +), using Rad23A (D7U7Z) Rabbit mAb.
The yeast nucleotide excision repair (NER) radiation sensitive protein 23 (rad23) and its human homologs Rad23A (hHR23A) and Rad23B (hHR23B) are critical components of the cellular machinery that recognize DNA lesions and serve as receptors that target ubiquitinated substrates to the proteasome for degradation (1).
The UV excision repair protein Rad23A is a multi-domain scaffold protein that plays an important role in ubiquitin-dependent proteasomal degradation. Rad23A protein contains an amino-terminal ubiquitin-like (UBL) domain and two ubiquitin binding domains, UBA1 and UBA2, that flank an XPC binding domain (2). Rad23A is thought to form a closed conformation that is dictated by an intramolecular interaction between the UBL and UBA domains. Binding of the Rad23A UBL domain to the S5a/PSMD4 subunit of the proteasome lid disrupts the intramolecular UBL-UBA association within Rad23A and promotes its association with the proteasome (3). Research studies show that Rad23A can be recruited to the proteasome through an interaction between its UBL domain and the S2/PSMD2 proteasome subunit (4). The UBA domains of Rad23A bind mono- and polyubiquitin and are thought to shuttle proteins modified with Lys48-linked polyubiquitin chains to the proteasome for degradation (1,5-7). In addition to its role as an ubiquitin-binding protein, Rad23A also participates in nucleotide excision repair (NER) by binding and stabilizing the NER DNA binding protein XPC (2,8).
- Verma, R. et al. (2004) Cell 118, 99-110.
- Masutani, C. et al. (1994) EMBO J 13, 1831-43.
- Walters, K.J. et al. (2003) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100, 12694-9.
- Elsasser, S. et al. (2002) Nat Cell Biol 4, 725-30.
- Raasi, S. et al. (2005) Nat Struct Mol Biol 12, 708-14.
- Nathan, J.A. et al. (2013) EMBO J 32, 552-65.
- Elsasser, S. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 26817-22.
- Ng, J.M. et al. (2003) Genes Dev 17, 1630-45.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12019 ADRM1 (D9Z1U) Rabbit mAb
- 12441 S5a/PSMD4 (D20B2) Rabbit mAb
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 13525 Rad23B (D4W7F) Rabbit mAb
- 14526 UBQLN1 (D3T7F) Rabbit mAb
- 14810 NUB1 Antibody
- 3336 S5a/PSMD4 (D17E4) Rabbit mAb
- 3900 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control
- 5105 TAX1BP1 (D1D5) Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8025 SQSTM1/p62 (D5E2) Rabbit mAb
- 9863 Protein A Agarose Beads
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条