Product Pathways - Metabolism
IRP1 (D6S4J) Rabbit mAb #20272
|20272S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00||现货查询 购买询价 防伪查询|
|20272||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting,
Specificity / Sensitivity
IRP1 (D6S4J) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total IRP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu734 of human IRP1 protein.
Iron regulatory proteins (IRPs; also known as IREBs) are RNA-binding proteins that recognize iron-responsive elements (IREs) and play an important role in maintaining iron homeostasis in mammalian cells. IREs are conserved cis-regulatory hairpin structures located within the 5’ or 3’ untranslated regions (UTRs) of target mRNAs. IRPs inhibit translation when bound to IREs within the 5’ UTR of mRNA encoding for proteins involved in iron storage, export, and utilization. IRP binding to multiple IREs within the 3’ UTR of transferin receptor 1 (TFR1) mRNA prevents its degradation, thereby augmenting translation of TFR1 and increasing iron uptake into cells (1-3). Dysregulation of IRPs has been associated with human cancers (4-6).
IRP1 is a bifunctional protein. In iron replete cells, IRP1 is associated with a 4Fe-4S cluster that keeps IRP1 in a closed conformation, and functions as a cytosolic aconitase catalyzing the conversion of citrate into iso-citrate. In iron deficient cells, IRP1 loses the 4Fe-4S cluster and adopts an open structure with IRE-binding activity (7).
- Rouault, T.A. (2006) Nat Chem Biol 2, 406-14.
- Wang, J. and Pantopoulos, K. (2011) Biochem J 434, 365-81.
- Pantopoulos, K. et al. (2012) Biochemistry 51, 5705-24.
- Haro, K.J. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e48841.
- Wang, W. et al. (2014) Cancer Res 74, 497-507.
- Jeong, S.M. et al. (2015) Oncogene 34, 2115-24.
- Anderson, C.P. et al. (2012) Biochim Biophys Acta 1823, 1468-83.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条