Product Pathways - Protein Stability
APC8 (D5O2D) Rabbit mAb #15100
|15100S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|15100||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation,
Specificity / Sensitivity
APC8 (D5O2D) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total APC8 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human APC8 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using APC8 (D5O2D) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SCC-12 cells expressing either non-targeting shRNA (shNT) or APC8 shRNA (shAPC8), using APC8 (D5O2D) Rabbit mAb (upper) and GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human APC8 protein (hAPC8-Myc/DDK; +), using APC8 (D5O2D) Rabbit mAb.
Eukaryotic cell proliferation depends strictly upon the E3 ubiquitin ligase activity of the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C), whose main function is to trigger the transition of the cell cycle from metaphase to anaphase. The APC/C complex promotes the assembly of polyubiquitin chains on substrate proteins in order to target these proteins for degradation by the 26S proteasome (1,2). The vertebrate APC/C complex consists of as many as 15 subunits, including multiple scaffold proteins, two catalytic subunits (APC2, APC11), and a number of proteins responsible for substrate recognition (3). All E3 enzymes, including APC/C, utilize ubiquitin residues activated by E1 enzymes and transferred to E2 enzymes. Research studies indicate that APC/C interacts with the E2 enzymes UBE2S and UBE2C via the RING-finger domain-containing subunit APC11 (4-6). APC/C function relies on multiple cofactors, including an APC/C coactivator formed by the cell division control protein 20 homolog (CDC20) and Cdh1/FZR1. The CDC20/Cdh1 coactivator is responsible for recognition of APC/C substrates through interaction with specific D-box and KEN-box recognition elements within these substrates (7-9).
Anaphase-promoting complex subunit 8 (APC8, CDC23) is a component of the tetratricopeptide repeat (TPR) APC/C sub-complex that also includes APC3 (CDC27) and APC6 (CDC16). APC8 protein associates with APC3 and APC6 to facilitate recruitment of the APC/C coactivation subunits CDC20 and Cdh1/FZR1 (10,11). Research studies suggest that APC8 protein is overexpressed in papillary thyroid cancer and acts as an important regulator of cell cycle progression and cell growth (12).
- Qiao, X. et al. (2010) Cell Cycle 9, 3904-12.
- Harper, J.W. et al. (2002) Genes Dev 16, 2179-206.
- Chang, L. et al. (2014) Nature 513, 388-93.
- Carroll, C.W. and Morgan, D.O. (2002) Nat Cell Biol 4, 880-7.
- Gmachl, M. et al. (2000) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97, 8973-8.
- Leverson, J.D. et al. (2000) Mol Biol Cell 11, 2315-25.
- Kraft, C. et al. (2005) Mol Cell 18, 543-53.
- Glotzer, M. et al. (1991) Nature 349, 132-8.
- Pfleger, C.M. and Kirschner, M.W. (2000) Genes Dev 14, 655-65.
- Matyskiela, M.E. and Morgan, D.O. (2009) Mol Cell 34, 68-80.
- Thornton, B.R. et al. (2006) Genes Dev 20, 449-60.
- Zhang, L. et al. (2011) Endocr Relat Cancer 18, 731-42.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 11878 UBE2S (D5H9H) Rabbit mAb
- 12301 APC2 Antibody
- 12530 APC3 (D3I1V) Rabbit mAb
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 13329 APC1 (D1E9D) Rabbit mAb
- 14090 APC11 (D1E7Q) Rabbit mAb
- 14807 APC10 Antibody
- 14866 CDC20 (D6C2Q) Rabbit mAb
- 3900 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9499 APC6 (D8D8) Rabbit mAb
- 9863 Protein A Agarose Beads
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条