Product Pathways - Development
BCL9 Antibody #15096
|15096S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|15096||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting,
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine, Horse,
Specificity / Sensitivity
BCL9 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total BCL9 protein. The antibody also cross-reacts with an unidentified protein of 21 kDa in some cell lines.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding His138 of human BCL9 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
B-cell CLL/lymphoma 9 protein (BCL9) is a widely conserved adaptor protein that functions as a transcriptional co-activator in the canonical Wnt signaling pathway (1,2). BCL9 is a core component of a nuclear protein complex (BCL9, LEF/TCF, β-catenin and PYGO) that regulates the transcription of Wnt-dependent target genes (3). Research studies show that disrupting the interaction between BCL9 and β-catenin suppresses oncogenic Wnt signaling, suggesting a potential avenue for therapeutic intervention in Wnt-mediated cancers (4). BCL9 promotes association of PYGO with the tail of histone H3 that has been methylated at lysine 4 (H3K4me), suggesting a specific chromatin remodeling function for BCL9 in the Wnt signaling pathway (5). Research studies in colon epithelium and adenocarcinomas suggest that BCL9 is required to mediate Wnt-dependent stem cell behaviors, such as epithelial-mesenchymal transition (6). Crystallography studies revealed that BCL9 contains a β-catenin binding site that is distinct from the majority of known β-catenin binding partners, making it an attractive target for therapeutic drug development (7).
- Townsley, F.M. et al. (2004) Nat Cell Biol 6, 626-33.
- de la Roche, M. et al. (2008) BMC Cancer 8, 199.
- Katoh, M. and Katoh, M. (2007) Clin Cancer Res 13, 4042-5.
- Takada, K. et al. (2012) Sci Transl Med 4, 148ra117.
- Fiedler, M. et al. (2008) Mol Cell 30, 507-18.
- Deka, J. et al. (2010) Cancer Res 70, 6619-28.
- Sampietro, J. et al. (2006) Mol Cell 24, 293-300.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条