Product Pathways - Neuroscience
CGRP (D5R8F) Rabbit mAb #14959
|14959S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|14959T||20 µl ( 2 western blots )||￥1,200.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|14959||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry),
Specificity / Sensitivity
CGRP (D5R8F) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CGRP protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val114 of human CGRP protein.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of TT (left, positive) and HeLa (right, negative) cells using CGRP (D5R8F) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DyLight™ 554 Phalloidin #13054 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of C1 rat spinal cord, 10X magnification (left) and 20X magnification (right), using CGRP (D5R8F) Rabbit mAb (green) and GFAP (GA5) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate) #3656 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Western blot analysis of extracts from TT and HeLa cells using CGRP (D5R8F) Rabbit mAb (upper) and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) is a peptide of 37 amino acids that belongs to the calcitonin (CT) family of peptide hormones. The calcitonin gene (CALCA) encodes a number of tissue-specific peptides through alternative splicing of mRNA transcripts and precursor protein cleavage. Both calcitonin and α-CGRP are produced from the CALCA gene, while a second gene (CALCB) encodes the related β-CGRP protein (1). α-CGRP and β-CGRP share similar activities and differ by three or fewer residues depending on the species (3). The CGRP peptide activates a heterotrimeric receptor complex that consists of the seven transmembrane-spanning calcitonin receptor-like receptor, the single transmembrane-spanning RAMP1 protein, and an intracellular receptor component protein (4,5). CGRP is expressed in the central and peripheral nervous system in mammals, where it exhibits several important physiologic roles. Research studies demonstrate that CGRP is a potent vasodilatator (6) and a modulator of acetylcholine receptor function at neuromuscular junctions (7). Additional studies indicate that CGRP peptide is involved in feeding (8) and inflammatory pain (9). CGRP peptide also plays a key role in the physiology of migraine attacks. Specifically, CGRP peptide levels increase during acute migraine attacks, which can be ameliorated through treatment with CGRP antagonists (10).
- Rosenfeld, M.G. et al. (1983) Nature 304, 129-35.
- Amara, S.G. et al. (1985) Science 229, 1094-7.
- Breimer, L.H. et al. (1988) Biochem J 255, 377-90.
- McLatchie, L.M. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 333-9.
- Evans, B.N. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 31438-43.
- Struthers, A.D. et al. (1986) Clin Sci (Lond) 70, 389-93.
- New, H.V. and Mudge, A.W. (1986) Nature 323, 809-11.
- Lutz, T.A. et al. (1997) Neurosci Lett 230, 159-62.
- Birklein, F. and Schmelz, M. (2008) Neurosci Lett 437, 199-202.
- Ho, T.W. et al. (2010) Nat Rev Neurol 6, 573-82.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 11914 PC1/3 Antibody
- 11976 Neuropeptide Y (D7Y5A) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 14013 PC2 (D1E1S) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 14437 CART (D6M2M) Rabbit mAb
- 14547 CART (D6L8J) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
DyLight is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Alexa Fluor is a registered trademark of Life Technologies Corporation.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条