Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys23) (D6Y7M) Rabbit mAb #14932
|14932S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥4,050.00||现货查询 购买询价 防伪查询|
|14932||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting,
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster, Zebrafish,
Specificity / Sensitivity
Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys23) (D6Y7M) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of histone H3 protein only when acetylated at Lys23. This antibody does not cross-react with histone H3 acetyl-lysine 9, 14, 18, 27, or 56.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding acetyl-Lys23 of human histone H3 protein.
Western blot analysis of lysates from HeLa and C6 cells, untreated (-) or treated with TSA #9950 (1 μM, 18 hr; +), using Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys23) (D6Y7M) Rabbit mAb (upper) and Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb #4499 (lower).
Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys23) (D6Y7M) Rabbit mAb antibody specificity was determined by western blotting. HeLa cell lysates, untreated (-) or treated with TSA #9950 (1 μM, 18 hr; +), were probed with Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys23) (D6Y7M) Rabbit mAb (panel A) or Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys23) (D6Y7M) Rabbit mAb pre-adsorbed with 1.5 μM of various competitor peptides (panels B-K). As shown, only the acetyl-histone H3 (Lys23) peptide competed away binding of the antibody.
The nucleosome, made up of four core histone proteins (H2A, H2B, H3, and H4), is the primary building block of chromatin. Originally thought to function as a static scaffold for DNA packaging, histones have now been shown to be dynamic proteins, undergoing multiple types of post-translational modifications, including acetylation, phosphorylation, methylation, and ubiquitination (1,2). Histone acetylation occurs mainly on the amino-terminal tail domains of histones H2A (Lys5), H2B (Lys5, 12, 15, and 20), H3 (Lys9, 14, 18, 23, 27, 36 and 56), and H4 (Lys5, 8, 12, and 16) and is important for the regulation of histone deposition, transcriptional activation, DNA replication, recombination, and DNA repair (1-3). Hyper-acetylation of the histone tails neutralizes the positive charge of these domains and is believed to weaken histone-DNA and nucleosome-nucleosome interactions, thereby destabilizing chromatin structure and increasing the accessibility of DNA to various DNA-binding proteins (4,5). In addition, acetylation of specific lysine residues creates docking sites for a protein module called the bromodomain, which binds to acetylated lysine residues (6). Many transcription and chromatin regulatory proteins contain bromodomains and may be recruited to gene promoters, in part, through binding of acetylated histone tails. Histone acetylation is mediated by histone acetyltransferases (HATs), such as CBP/p300, GCN5L2, PCAF, and Tip60, which are recruited to genes by DNA-bound protein factors to facilitate transcriptional activation (3). Deacetylation, which is mediated by histone deacetylases (HDAC and sirtuin proteins), reverses the effects of acetylation and generally facilitates transcriptional repression (7,8).
- Peterson, C.L. and Laniel, M.A. (2004) Curr Biol 14, R546-51.
- Jaskelioff, M. and Peterson, C.L. (2003) Nat Cell Biol 5, 395-9.
- Roth, S.Y. et al. (2001) Annu Rev Biochem 70, 81-120.
- Workman, J.L. and Kingston, R.E. (1998) Annu Rev Biochem 67, 545-79.
- Hansen, J.C. et al. (1998) Biochemistry 37, 17637-41.
- Yang, X.J. (2004) Bioessays 26, 1076-87.
- Haberland, M. et al. (2009) Nat Rev Genet 10, 32-42.
- Haigis, M.C. and Sinclair, D.A. (2010) Annu Rev Pathol 5, 253-95.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 13998 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) (D8Z5H) Rabbit mAb
- 2650 Histone H3 Antibody (ChIP Formulated)
- 4243 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys56) Antibody
- 4499 Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4620 Histone H3 (D2B12) XP® Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7627 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys14) (D4B9) Rabbit mAb
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8173 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) (D5E4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9649 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (C5B11) Rabbit mAb
- 9715 Histone H3 Antibody
- 9717 Histone H3 (3H1) Rabbit mAb
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条