Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
TFCP2 Antibody #14826
|14826S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|14826||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting,
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine, Dog, Horse,
Specificity / Sensitivity
TFCP2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total TFCP2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu61 of human TFCP2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The transcription factor CP2 (TFCP2, LSF) is a ubiquitous nuclear protein that was initially shown to bind and activate the alpha-globin promoter in erythroid cells (1). Research studies show that TFCP2 functions as an oncogene in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells. Overexpression of TFCP2 is seen in HCC patient samples and cell lines; TFCP2 expression correlates with high tumor grade and poor prognosis (2). Forced expression of TFCP2 in less aggressive HCC cells results in highly aggressive, angiogenic and metastatic tumors, while inhibition of TFCP2 abrogates growth and metastasis of highly aggressive HCC cells (2). Additional studies show that TFCP2 acts downstream of Notch1 in HCC cells, where it mediates Notch pathway signaling during proliferation and invasion of hepatocellular carcinoma (3). TFCP2 functions as an oncogene as it upregulates multiple genes involved in angiogenesis, cell invasion, and chemoresistance, including osteopontin, metalloproteinase-9, fibronectin 1, tight junction protein 1, and thymidylate synthase (2-5). Factor quinolinone inhibitor 1 (FQI1) is a small molecule inhibitor of TFCP2 that inhibits TFCP2 DNA-binding activity, reduces expression of TFCP2 target genes, and rapidly induces cell death in TFCP2-overexpressing HCC cell lines (6).
- Lim, L.C. et al. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 18008-17.
- Yoo, B.K. et al. (2010) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107, 8357-62.
- Fan, R.H. et al. (2011) World J Gastroenterol 17, 3420-30.
- Santhekadur, P.K. et al. (2012) J Biol Chem 287, 3425-32.
- Xu, X. et al. (2015) J Exp Clin Cancer Res 34, 6.
- Grant, T.J. et al. (2012) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109, 4503-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12369 Nitrocellulose Sandwiches
- 12498 Tris Buffered Saline (TBS-10X)
- 12539 Tris-Glycine Transfer Buffer (10X)
- 4050 Tris-Glycine SDS Running Buffer (10X)
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7722 Blue Loading Buffer Pack
- 7723 Red Loading Buffer Pack
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条