Product Pathways - Development
VANGL1 (D1J7X) Rabbit mAb #14783
|14783S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|14783||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting,
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken, Bovine, Pig, Horse,
Specificity / Sensitivity
VANGL1 (D1J7X) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total VANGL1 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with VANGL2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu309 of human VANGL1 protein.
Van Gogh-like proteins (VANGL1, VANGL2) are human orthologs of Drosophila Van Gogh (Vang/Stbm), a multi-pass transmembrane protein that is required to establish cell polarity in embryonic eyes, legs, and bristles (1,2). As in Drosophila, mammalian VANGL proteins are core components of the planar cell polarity (PCP) pathway that promotes asymmetric orientation of cells across a planar surface, and drives convergence-extension movements that are critical for tissue morphogenesis (3). Mutations in the human VANGL1 gene have been identified in patients diagnosed with neural tube defects (e.g., spina bifida), providing evidence that VANGL1 plays a role in human embryonic morphogenesis (4,5). These findings are supported by genetic studies in mice, where mutations in both Vangl1 and Vangl2 result in neural tube defects (6,7). A role for VANGL proteins in tumor progression has also been suggsted, as increased expression of VANGL1 mRNA has been reported in breast cancer patients with an elevated risk of relapse (8).
- Wolff, T. and Rubin, G.M. (1998) Development 125, 1149-59.
- Bastock, R. et al. (2003) Development 130, 3007-14.
- Katoh, M. (2005) Oncol Rep 14, 1583-8.
- Kibar, Z. et al. (2007) N Engl J Med 356, 1432-7.
- Merello, E. et al. (2015) Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 103, 51-61.
- Iliescu, A. et al. (2011) Biochemistry 50, 795-804.
- Chen, B. et al. (2013) Genet Mol Res 12, 3157-65.
- Anastas, J.N. et al. (2012) Oncogene 31, 3696-708.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条