Product Pathways - Metabolism
CBS (D8F2P) Rabbit mAb #14782
|14782S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00||现货查询 购买询价 防伪查询|
|14782||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting,
Specificity / Sensitivity
CBS (D8F2P) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CBS protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu220 of human CBS protein.
Cystathionine beta-synthase (CBS) is a key enzyme involved in sulfur amino acid metabolism because it catalyzes the formation of cystathionine from serine and homocysteine (1,2). The CBS protein contains a heme-binding domain that modulates enzyme activity by sensing redox changes or carbon monoxide binding (1). S-adenosylmethionine binds the carboxyl-terminal CBS domain to allosterically regulate CBS catalytic activity (3,4). In addition to catalyzing cystathionine formation, CBS also catalyzes the generation of hydrogen sulfide, a neuromodulator in the brain, through alternative reactions (5,6). Mutations in the corresponding CBS gene result in homocystinuria, an autosomal recessive disorder characterized by abnormal sulfur metabolism, mental retardation, eye anomalies, and vascular disease (7).
- Banerjee, R. and Zou, C.G. (2005) Arch Biochem Biophys 433, 144-56.
- Jhee, K.H. and Kruger, W.D. (2005) Antioxid Redox Signal 7, 813-22.
- Ereño-Orbea, J. et al. (2014) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111, E3845-52.
- McCorvie, T.J. et al. (2014) J Biol Chem 289, 36018-30.
- Kimura, H. (2010) Antioxid Redox Signal 12, 1111-23.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (2013) Mol Cell Biol 33, 1104-13.
- Kraus, J.P. et al. (1999) Hum Mutat 13, 362-75.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条