Product Pathways - DNA Damage
TIGAR (D3F4A) Rabbit mAb #14751
|14751S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00||现货查询 购买询价 防伪查询|
|14751||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation,
Specificity / Sensitivity
TIGAR (D3F4A) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total TIGAR protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro171 of human TIGAR protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MCF7 cells, untreated (-) or treated with Doxorubicin #5927 (0.5 μM, 24 hr; +), using TIGAR (D3F4A) Rabbit mAb (upper), p53 (7F5) Rabbit mAb #2527 (middle) or β-Actin (13E5) Rabbit mAb #4970 (lower).
Immunoprecipitation of TIGAR from ACHN cell extracts using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or TIGAR (D3F4A) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot was performed using TIGAR (D3F4A) Rabbit mAb.
The p53 tumor suppressor protein regulates the cellular response to multiple stresses, including DNA damage and oxidative stress. Activation of p53 can lead to cell cycle arrest and DNA repair, or apoptosis (1). Activated p53 transcription factor regulates the expression of multiple genes that regulate cell metabolism and the cell cycle. One p53-inducible gene is C12orf5, which encodes for a fructose-2,6-bisphosphatase known as TIGAR. TP53-inducible glycolysis and apoptosis regulator (TIGAR) protects cells from oxidative stress as it negatively regulates glycolysis and reduces the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in cells (2,3). Research studies demonstrate that knockdown of TIGAR expression induces autophagy and apoptosis (4,5), and its expression protects cells from ROS-related cell death (6,7). Additional studies show that TIGAR promotes cell cycle arrest and supports dephosphorylation of the retinoblastoma (Rb) protein (8).
- Meek, D.W. (2004) DNA Repair (Amst) 3, 1049-56.
- Bensaad, K. et al. (2006) Cell 126, 107-20.
- Lee, P. et al. (2014) Cancer Metab 2, 1.
- Ye, L. et al. (2013) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 437, 300-6.
- Bensaad, K. et al. (2009) EMBO J 28, 3015-26.
- Wanka, C. et al. (2012) J Biol Chem 287, 33436-46.
- Cheung, E.C. et al. (2012) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109, 20491-6.
- Madan, E. et al. (2012) Br J Cancer 107, 516-26.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2527 p53 (7F5) Rabbit mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条