Product Pathways - Innate Immunity
MKL2/MRTF-B Antibody #14613
|14613S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|14613||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation,
Specificity / Sensitivity
MKL2/MRTF-B Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total MKL2/MRTF-B protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln1081 of human MKL2/MRTF-B protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The megakaryoblastic leukemia proteins 1 and 2 (MKL1, MKL2) are myocardin-related transcription factors (MRTF-A, MRTF-B) that serve as actin-regulated transcription coactivators for the serum response factor (SRF). Interaction between G-actin and MKL proteins retains the coactivator within the cytoplasm of resting cells. Activated Rho-A promotes F-actin assembly and a reduction of the G-actin pool in serum-stimulated cells. This results in the accumulation of MKL proteins in the nucleus, where the coactivator associates with the SRF to activate target gene transcription and mediate multiple cellular processes (1-4). A number of other signaling pathways, including the TGFβ, BMP, and PDGF pathways, also make use of MKL-mediated activation of target gene transcription (5-9). Chromosomal translocations involving the genes encoding MKL1 and MKL2 have been identified in several cases of acute megakaryoblastic leukemia and chondroid lipoma (10-12).
- Olson, E.N. and Nordheim, A. (2010) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 11, 353-65.
- Knöll, B. (2010) Biol Chem 391, 591-7.
- Cen, B. et al. (2004) J Cell Biochem 93, 74-82.
- Pipes, G.C. et al. (2006) Genes Dev 20, 1545-56.
- O'Connor, J.W. and Gomez, E.W. (2013) PLoS One 8, e83188.
- Scharenberg, M.A. et al. (2014) J Cell Sci 127, 1079-91.
- Wang, D. et al. (2012) J Biol Chem 287, 28067-77.
- Lundquist, M.R. et al. (2014) Cell 156, 563-76.
- Vasudevan, H.N. and Soriano, P. (2014) Dev Cell 31, 332-44.
- Huang, D. et al. (2010) Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49, 810-8.
- Flucke, U. et al. (2013) Histopathology 62, 925-30.
- Ma, Z. et al. (2001) Nat Genet 28, 220-1.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条