Product Pathways - Innate Immunity
CD36 (D8L9T) Rabbit mAb #14347
|14347S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|14347||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin),
Specificity / Sensitivity
CD36 (D8L9T) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CD36 protein. This antibody also cross-reacts with an unidentified protein of 30 kDa.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val112 of human CD36 protein.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human adipocytes in breast carcinoma using CD36 (D8L9T) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) and antigen-specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human ovarian carcinoma using CD36 (D8L9T) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded U-937 (left) and Jurkat (right) cell pellets using CD36 (D8L9T) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using CD36 (D8L9T) Rabbit mAb (upper) and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower). Expression of CD36 was induced in the THP-1 cell line using TPA #4174 (80 nm, 16hrs).
CD36 is a class B scavenger receptor composed of short amino-terminal and carboxy-terminal cytoplasmic domains, two transmembrane domains, and a large glycosylated extracellular domain (1-4). The CD36 receptor has many diverse ligands and cellular functions and is expressed by multiple cell types, including monocytes, macrophages, platelets, endothelial cells, adipocytes, and some epithelial cells (1). Binding of thrombospondin-1 (TSP-1) to CD36 facilitates the inhibition of angiogenesis by TSP-1 (5). CD36 also binds lipids and enables their transport into cells (6). In macrophages, CD36 acts as a receptor for oxidized LDL (Ox-LDL) and is responsible for Ox-LDL internalization, which contributes to development of atherosclerosis (7). The CD36 receptor participates in the innate immune response by acting as a pattern recognition receptor for lipid components of bacterial cell walls and fungal beta-glucans (8,9). CD36 likely influences signaling by interacting with other cell surface receptors including TLRs, integrins, and tetraspanins (8,10,11). Phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate (PMA)/ 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (TPA) induces CD36 expression in the THP-1 monocyte cell line (12).
- Asch, A.S. et al. (1987) J Clin Invest 79, 1054-61.
- Armesilla, A.L. and Vega, M.A. (1994) J Biol Chem 269, 18985-91.
- Tandon, N.N. et al. (1989) J Biol Chem 264, 7570-5.
- Endemann, G. et al. (1993) J Biol Chem 268, 11811-6.
- Dawson, D.W. et al. (1997) J Cell Biol 138, 707-17.
- Kim, Y.R. and Peterkofsky, B. (1997) J Cell Biochem 67, 338-52.
- Nicholson, A.C. et al. (1995) Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 15, 269-75.
- Hoebe, K. et al. (2005) Nature 433, 523-7.
- Means, T.K. et al. (2009) J Exp Med 206, 637-53.
- Mattera, M.D. (1992) RN 55, 7.
- Miao, W.M. et al. (2001) Blood 97, 1689-96.
- Alessio, M. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 1770-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
SignalStain is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条