Product Pathways - Protein Translation
HIF-1α (D2U3T) Rabbit mAb #14179
|14179S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|14179||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, ChIP=Chromatin IP,
Specificity / Sensitivity
HIF-1α (D2U3T) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total HIF-1α protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys460 of human HIF-1α protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines, untreated (-) or treated with either DMOG (1 mM, 6 hr; +) or cobalt chloride (100 nM, 4 hr; +) as indicated, using HIF-1α (D2U3T) Rabbit mAb (upper) and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Chromatin immunopreciptations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 MCF7 cells treated with cobalt chloride (100 μM) overnight and either 10 μl of HIF-1α (D2U3T) Rabbit mAb or 2 μL of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729, using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human ARRDC3 Downstream Primers #75671, human ERRFI1 upstream primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satelite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 (HIF1) is a heterodimeric transcription factor that plays a critical role in the cellular response to hypoxia (1). The HIF1 complex consists of two subunits, HIF-1α and HIF-1β, which are basic helix-loop-helix proteins of the PAS (Per, ARNT, Sim) family (2). HIF1 regulates the transcription of a broad range of genes that facilitate responses to the hypoxic environment, including genes regulating angiogenesis, erythropoiesis, cell cycle, metabolism, and apoptosis. The widely expressed HIF-1α is typically degraded rapidly in normoxic cells by the ubiquitin/proteasomal pathway. Under normoxic conditions, HIF-1α is proline hydroxylated leading to a conformational change that promotes binding to the von Hippel Lindau protein (VLH) E3 ligase complex; ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation follows (3,4). Both hypoxic conditions and chemical hydroxylase inhibitors (such as desferrioxamine and cobalt) inhibit HIF-1α degradation and lead to its stabilization. In addition, HIF-1α can be induced in an oxygen-independent manner by various cytokines through the PI3K-AKT-mTOR pathway (5-7).
HIF-1β is also known as AhR nuclear translocator (ARNT) due to its ability to partner with the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) to form a heterodimeric transcription factor complex (8). Together with AhR, HIF-1β plays an important role in xenobiotics metabolism (8). In addition, a chromosomal translocation leading to a TEL-ARNT fusion protein is associated with acute myeloblastic leukemia (9). Studies also found that ARNT/HIF-1β expression levels decrease significantly in pancreatic islets from patients with type 2 diabetes, suggesting that HIF-1β plays an important role in pancreatic β-cell function (10).
- Sharp, F.R. and Bernaudin, M. (2004) Nat Rev Neurosci 5, 437-48.
- Wang, G.L. et al. (1995) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92, 5510-4.
- Jaakkola, P. et al. (2001) Science 292, 468-72.
- Maxwell, P.H. et al. (1999) Nature 399, 271-5.
- Fukuda, R. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 38205-11.
- Jiang, B.H. et al. (2001) Cell Growth Differ 12, 363-9.
- Laughner, E. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 3995-4004.
- Walisser, J.A. et al. (2004) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101, 16677-82.
- Salomon-Nguyen, F. et al. (2000) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97, 6757-62.
- Gunton, J.E. et al. (2005) Cell 122, 337-49.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 3434 Hydroxy-HIF-1α (Pro564) (D43B5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3716 HIF-1α Antibody
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
- 5537 HIF-1β/ARNT (D28F3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7096 HIF-2α (D9E3) Rabbit mAb
- 75671 SimpleChIP® Human ARRDC3 Downstream Primers
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条