Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
HMGB2 (D1P9V) Rabbit mAb #14163
|14163S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|14163T||20 µl ( 2 western blots )||￥1,200.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|14163||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting,
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster, Bovine, Dog, Guinea Pig, Horse,
Specificity / Sensitivity
HMGB2 (D1P9V) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total HMGB2 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other HMGB proteins, including HMGB1 and HMGB3.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu169 of human HMGB2 protein.
High mobility group protein B2 (HMGB2) belongs to a family of highly conserved proteins that contain HMG box domains (1,2). All three family members (HMGB1, HMGB2, and HMGB3) contain two HMG box domains and a C-terminal acidic domain. HMGB1 is a widely expressed and highly abundant protein (2). HMGB2 is widely expressed during embryonic development, but it is restricted to lymphoid organs and testis in adult animals (3). HMGB3 is only expressed during embryogenesis (4). While expression varies, the biochemical properties of the different family members may be indistinguishable. The HMG box domains facilitate the binding of HMGB proteins to the minor groove of DNA, which results in local bending of the DNA double helix (1,2). HMGB proteins are recruited by and help facilitate the assembly of site-specific DNA binding proteins to their cognate binding sites in chromatin. For example, HMGB1 and HMGB2 facilitate the binding of Hox proteins, Oct proteins, p53, Rel proteins, and steroid hormone receptor proteins to their target gene promoters (1,2). Furthermore, HMGB2 interacts with RAG1 to facilitate RAG complex binding to the recombinant signal sequence (RSS) and stimulate DNA-bending and subsequent VDJ cleavage at antigen receptor genes (5,6). In addition to their functions in the nucleus, HMGB proteins play a significant role in extracellular signaling associated with inflammation. HMGB2 is secreted by myeloid cells and promotes proliferation and migration of endothelial cells by binding to the receptor for advanced glycation endproducts (RAGE) (7). Research studies have shown that HMGB2 overexpression in hepatocellular carcinoma is associated with poor prognosis and shorter survival time (8).
- Thomas, J.O. and Travers, A.A. (2001) Trends Biochem Sci 26, 167-74.
- Müller, S. et al. (2004) J Intern Med 255, 332-43.
- Ronfani, L. et al. (2001) Development 128, 1265-73.
- Vaccari, T. et al. (1998) Genomics 49, 247-52.
- Zhang, M. and Swanson, P.C. (2009) BMC Mol Biol 10, 24.
- Aidinis, V. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 6532-42.
- Pusterla, T. et al. (2009) Autoimmunity 42, 308-10.
- Kwon, J.H. et al. (2010) Clin Cancer Res 16, 5511-21.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12094 HMGA1 (D4F8) Rabbit mAb
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 12734 HMGN1 (D1I5O) Rabbit mAb
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 3935 HMGB1 Antibody
- 5269 HMGA2 Antibody
- 5692 HMGN1 Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 6893 HMGB1 (D3E5) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7777 HMGA1 (D6A4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8179 HMGA2 (D1A7) Rabbit mAb
- 9437 HMGN2 (D9B9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条