Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
EAF2 (E1R8C) Rabbit mAb #14159
|14159S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,100.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|14159||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP,
Specificity / Sensitivity
EAF2 recognizes endogenous levels of total EAF2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human EAF2 protein.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 HeLa cells heat shocked for 1 hr and either 10 µl of EAF2 (E1R8C) Rabbit mAb or 2 µl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human c-Myc intron 1 primers, SimpleChIP® Human HSP70 Intron 1 Primers #14023, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Immunoprecipitation of EAF2 from RL-7 cell extracts using Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control #3900 (lane 2) or EAF2 (E1R8C) Rabbit mAb (lane 3). Lane 1 is 10% input. Western blot analysis was performed using EAF2 (E1R8C) Rabbit mAb.
The super elongation complex (SEC) plays a critical role in regulating RNA polymerase II (RNAPII) transcription elongation (1). The SEC is composed of AFF4, AFF1/AF4, MLLT3/AF9, and MLLT1/ENL proteins. The pathogenesis of mixed lineage leukemia is often associated with translocations of the SEC subunits joined to the histone H3 Lys4 methyltransferase mixed lineage leukemia (MLL) gene (1-4). The SEC has been found to contain RNAPII elongation factors eleven-nineteen lysine-rich leukemia (ELL), ELL2, and ELL3, along with the associated factors EAF1 and EAF2, which can increase the catalytic rate of RNAPII transcription in vitro, (1,2,5-7). The SEC positive transcription elongation factor b (P-TEFb) phosphorylates the C-terminal domain within the largest subunit of RNAP II at Ser2 of the heptapeptide repeat. The SEC negative transcription elongation factors, DRB-induced stimulating factor (DSIF) and negative elongation factor (NELF), signal the transition from transcription initiation and pausing to productive transcription elongation (2,8-10). The chromosomal translocation of MLL with the members of the SEC leads to SEC recruitment to MLL regulated genes, such as the highly developmentally regulated Hox genes, implicating the misregulation and overexpression of these genes as underlying contributors to leukemogenesis (1,2,9,11).
ELL associated factor 2 (EAF2) was identified as an interacting partner of eleven-nineteen lysine-rich leukemia (ELL) (12). EAF2 (U19) has also been identified as a protein that is down-regulated in prostate cancers and exhibits growth inhibitory and tumor suppressive activity (13,14).
- Mohan, M. et al. (2010) Nat Rev Cancer 10, 721-8.
- Lin, C. et al. (2010) Mol Cell 37, 429-37.
- Drexler, H.G. et al. (2004) Leukemia 18, 227-32.
- Smith, E. et al. (2011) Genes Dev 25, 661-72.
- Shilatifard, A. et al. (1996) Science 271, 1873-6.
- Shilatifard, A. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 3639-43.
- Miller, T. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 32052-6.
- Lin, C. et al. (2011) Genes Dev 25, 1486-98.
- Yokoyama, A. et al. (2010) Cancer Cell 17, 198-212.
- Cho, S. et al. (2010) Cell Cycle 9, 1697-705.
- Shah, N. and Sukumar, S. (2010) Nat Rev Cancer 10, 361-71.
- Simone, F. et al. (2003) Blood 101, 2355-62.
- Xiao, W. et al. (2003) Cancer Res 63, 4698-704.
- Qiao, Z. et al. (2014) Prostate 74, 113-20.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 14023 SimpleChIP® Human HSP70 Intron 1 Primers
- 3678 Mouse Anti-rabbit IgG (Conformation Specific) (L27A9) mAb
- 3900 Rabbit (DA1E) mAb IgG XP® Isotype Control
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 9863 Protein A Agarose Beads
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
SimpleChIP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条