Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) (D8Z5H) Rabbit mAb #13998
|13998S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥4,050.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|13998||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
|W||1:1000||Human,Mouse,Rat,Monkey,S. cerevisiae,||Endogenous||17||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), F=Flow Cytometry, ChIP=Chromatin IP,
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Hamster, Pig,
Specificity / Sensitivity
Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) (D8Z5H) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of histone H3 protein only when acetylated at Lys18. This antibody does not cross-react with other acetylated histone proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding acetylated Lys18 of human histone H3 protein.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded breast adenocarcinoma using Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) (D8Z5H) Rabbit mAb in the presence of non-acetyl-Histone H3 peptide (left) or acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded transitional epithelial carcinoma of the bladder using Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) (D8Z5H) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa and C6 cells, untreated (-) or treated (+) with Trichostatin A (TSA) #9950 (1 μM, 18 hr), using Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) (D8Z5H) Rabbit mAb (upper) and Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb #4499 (lower).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 HeLa cells and either 10 μl of Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) (D8Z5H) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human GAPDH Exon 1 Primers #5516, SimpleChIP® Human RPL30 Exon 3 Primers #7014, SimpleChIP® Human MyoD1 Exon 1 Primers #4490, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells using Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys18) (D8Z5H) Rabbit mAb and Propidium Iodide (PI)/RNase Staining Solution #4087 to measure DNA content. Anti-rabbit IgG (H+L), F(ab)'2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor 488 Conjugate) #4412 was used as a secondary antibody.
The nucleosome, made up of four core histone proteins (H2A, H2B, H3, and H4), is the primary building block of chromatin. Originally thought to function as a static scaffold for DNA packaging, histones have now been shown to be dynamic proteins, undergoing multiple types of post-translational modifications, including acetylation, phosphorylation, methylation, and ubiquitination (1,2). Histone acetylation occurs mainly on the amino-terminal tail domains of histones H2A (Lys5), H2B (Lys5, 12, 15, and 20), H3 (Lys9, 14, 18, 23, 27, 36 and 56), and H4 (Lys5, 8, 12, and 16) and is important for the regulation of histone deposition, transcriptional activation, DNA replication, recombination, and DNA repair (1-3). Hyper-acetylation of the histone tails neutralizes the positive charge of these domains and is believed to weaken histone-DNA and nucleosome-nucleosome interactions, thereby destabilizing chromatin structure and increasing the accessibility of DNA to various DNA-binding proteins (4,5). In addition, acetylation of specific lysine residues creates docking sites for a protein module called the bromodomain, which binds to acetylated lysine residues (6). Many transcription and chromatin regulatory proteins contain bromodomains and may be recruited to gene promoters, in part, through binding of acetylated histone tails. Histone acetylation is mediated by histone acetyltransferases (HATs), such as CBP/p300, GCN5L2, PCAF, and Tip60, which are recruited to genes by DNA-bound protein factors to facilitate transcriptional activation (3). Deacetylation, which is mediated by histone deacetylases (HDAC and sirtuin proteins), reverses the effects of acetylation and generally facilitates transcriptional repression (7,8).
- Peterson, C.L. and Laniel, M.A. (2004) Curr Biol 14, R546-51.
- Jaskelioff, M. and Peterson, C.L. (2003) Nat Cell Biol 5, 395-9.
- Roth, S.Y. et al. (2001) Annu Rev Biochem 70, 81-120.
- Workman, J.L. and Kingston, R.E. (1998) Annu Rev Biochem 67, 545-79.
- Hansen, J.C. et al. (1998) Biochemistry 37, 17637-41.
- Yang, X.J. (2004) Bioessays 26, 1076-87.
- Haberland, M. et al. (2009) Nat Rev Genet 10, 32-42.
- Haigis, M.C. and Sinclair, D.A. (2010) Annu Rev Pathol 5, 253-95.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2650 Histone H3 Antibody (ChIP Formulated)
- 3305 GCN5L2 (C26A10) Rabbit mAb
- 3377 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3378 PCAF (C14G9) Rabbit mAb
- 4243 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys56) Antibody
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
- 4490 SimpleChIP® Human MyoD1 Exon 1 Primers
- 4499 Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4620 Histone H3 (D2B12) XP® Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated)
- 5360 SirT7 (D3K5A) Rabbit mAb
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 5516 SimpleChIP® Human GAPDH Exon 1 Primers
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7014 SimpleChIP® Human RPL30 Exon 3 Primers
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 7071 Phototope-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7389 CBP (D6C5) Rabbit mAb
- 7425 CBP (D9B6) Rabbit mAb
- 7627 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys14) (D4B9) Rabbit mAb
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 8173 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) (D5E4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 9649 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (C5B11) Rabbit mAb
- 9715 Histone H3 Antibody
- 9717 Histone H3 (3H1) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
SignalStain is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
SimpleChIP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条