Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D4W1U) Rabbit mAb #13969
|13969S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,900.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|13969T||20 µl ( 2 western blots )||￥1,500.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|13969||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, F=Flow Cytometry, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), ChIP=Chromatin IP,
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine,
Specificity / Sensitivity
Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D4W1U) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of histone H3 when tri-methylated on Lys9. This antibody shows some cross-reactivity with histone H3 that is di-methylated on Lys9, but does not cross-react with non-methylated or mono-methylated histone H3 Lys9. This antibody does not detect tri-methyl histone H3 Lys9 when the adjacent Ser10 residue is phosphorylated during mitosis. In addition, this antibody does not cross-react with methylated histone H3 Lys4, Lys27, Lys36, or Lys79.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of histone H3 in which Lys9 is tri-methylated.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 HeLa cells and either 10 μl of Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D4W1U) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human GAPDH Exon 1 Primers #5516, SimpleChIP® Human AFM Intron 1 Primers #5098, SimpleChIP® Human MYT-1 Exon 1 Primers #4493, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of interphase (left) or mitotic (right) HeLa cells, untreated (upper) or λ phosphatase-treated (lower), using Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D4W1U) Rabbit mAb (green) and β-Actin (8H10D10) Mouse mAb #3700 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye). As shown, this antibody does not detect tri-methyl histone H3 Lys9 in mitotic cells when the adjacent Ser10 residue is phosphorylated.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D4W1U) Rabbit mAb.
Antibody specificity was determined by western blotting. HeLa and NIH/3T3 cell lysates were probed with Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D4W1U) Rabbit mAb (Panel A) or Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D4W1U) Rabbit mAb pre-adsorbed with 1.5 μM of various competitor peptides (panels B-M). As shown, only the tri-methyl histone H3 (Lys9) peptide (panel E) competed away binding of the antibody.
The nucleosome, made up of four core histone proteins (H2A, H2B, H3, and H4), is the primary building block of chromatin. Originally thought to function as a static scaffold for DNA packaging, histones have now been shown to be dynamic proteins, undergoing multiple types of post-translational modifications, including acetylation, phosphorylation, methylation, and ubiquitination (1). Histone methylation is a major determinant for the formation of active and inactive regions of the genome and is crucial for the proper programming of the genome during development (2,3). Arginine methylation of histones H3 (Arg2, 17, 26) and H4 (Arg3) promotes transcriptional activation and is mediated by a family of protein arginine methyltransferases (PRMTs), including the co-activators PRMT1 and CARM1 (PRMT4) (4). In contrast, a more diverse set of histone lysine methyltransferases has been identified, all but one of which contain a conserved catalytic SET domain originally identified in the Drosophila Su(var)3-9, Enhancer of zeste, and Trithorax proteins. Lysine methylation occurs primarily on histones H3 (Lys4, 9, 27, 36, 79) and H4 (Lys20) and has been implicated in both transcriptional activation and silencing (4). Methylation of these lysine residues coordinates the recruitment of chromatin modifying enzymes containing methyl-lysine binding modules such as chromodomains (HP1, PRC1), PHD fingers (BPTF, ING2), tudor domains (53BP1), and WD-40 domains (WDR5) (5-8). The discovery of histone demethylases such as PADI4, LSD1, JMJD1, JMJD2, and JHDM1 has shown that methylation is a reversible epigenetic marker (9).
- Peterson, C.L. and Laniel, M.A. (2004) Curr Biol 14, R546-51.
- Kubicek, S. et al. (2006) Ernst Schering Res Found Workshop , 1-27.
- Lin, W. and Dent, S.Y. (2006) Curr Opin Genet Dev 16, 137-42.
- Lee, D.Y. et al. (2005) Endocr Rev 26, 147-70.
- Daniel, J.A. et al. (2005) Cell Cycle 4, 919-26.
- Shi, X. et al. (2006) Nature 442, 96-9.
- Wysocka, J. et al. (2006) Nature 442, 86-90.
- Wysocka, J. et al. (2005) Cell 121, 859-72.
- Trojer, P. and Reinberg, D. (2006) Cell 125, 213-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 14186 Mono-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D1P5R) Rabbit mAb
- 2139 LSD1 Antibody
- 2184 LSD1 (C69G12) Rabbit mAb
- 2613 HP1β Antibody
- 2616 HP1α Antibody
- 2619 HP1γ Antibody
- 2650 Histone H3 Antibody (ChIP Formulated)
- 3100 JMJD1B (C6D12) Rabbit mAb
- 3306 G9a/EHMT2 (C6H3) Rabbit mAb
- 3314 JMJD1B (C69G2) Rabbit mAb
- 3377 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (D2C8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4499 Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4620 Histone H3 (D2B12) XP® Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated)
- 4658 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D85B4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5328 JMJD2A (C37E5) Rabbit mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 7077 Anti-rat IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8639 JMJD2B (D7E6) Rabbit mAb
- 8729 SUV39H1 (D11B6) Rabbit mAb
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 9649 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (C5B11) Rabbit mAb
- 9715 Histone H3 Antibody
- 9717 Histone H3 (3H1) Rabbit mAb
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
SimpleChIP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条