Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
DEK (E1L3V) Rabbit mAb #13962
|13962S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|13962||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting,
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster, Bovine,
Specificity / Sensitivity
DEK (E1L3V) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total DEK protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val120 of human DEK protein.
The protein product of the DEK oncogene is a nuclear phosphoprotein that is highly conserved among higher eukaryotic organisms and preferentially expressed in actively proliferating and/or malignant cells (1,2). DEK is an abundant, non-histone chromosomal protein that establishes and maintains heterochromatin by interacting with HP1a, enhancing HP1a binding to tri-methyl histone H3 Lys9 and stabilizing local tri-methyl histone H3 Lys9 levels (3). DEK localized to euchromatin represses transcription by interacting with transcription factors such as RelA/p65 (4). The DEK protein also associates with mRNA processing factors to regulate splicing and nuclear export (5,6).
The DEK proto-oncogene functions as a negative regulator of cellular differentiation, senescence, and apoptosis. DEK is translocated and/or over-expressed in a number of different cancers, including acute myeloid leukemia, breast cancer, cervical cancer, hepatocellular carcinoma, melanoma, and small cell lung cancer (1,2). In addition to the role of DEK in cancer biology, which is mainly related to its intracellular functions, extracellular DEK is implicated in the pathogenesis of autoimmune disorders (1,2). Circulating autoantibodies to DEK have been identified in the serum of patients with autoimmune diseases, including juvenile idiopathic arthritis, sarcoidosis, and systemic lupus erythematosus. DEK is secreted by human monocyte-derived macrophages and apoptotic T-lymphocytes and can act as a chemotactic, pro-inflammatory factor (7,8). Exogenous DEK can penetrate neighboring cells, and translocate to the nucleus to carry out its endogenous nuclear functions (9). IL-8 induced secretion of DEK from macrophages serves as a chemoattractant for peripheral blood leukocytes (7).
- Broxmeyer, H.E. et al. (2013) Stem Cells 31, 1447-53.
- Riveiro-Falkenbach, E. and Soengas, M.S. (2010) Clin Cancer Res 16, 2932-8.
- Kappes, F. et al. (2011) Genes Dev 25, 673-8.
- Sammons, M. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 26802-12.
- McGarvey, T. et al. (2000) J Cell Biol 150, 309-20.
- Soares, L.M. et al. (2006) Science 312, 1961-5.
- Mor-Vaknin, N. et al. (2006) Mol Cell Biol 26, 9484-96.
- Kappes, F. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 3245-57.
- Saha, A.K. et al. (2013) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110, 6847-52.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 13969 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D4W1U) Rabbit mAb
- 14186 Mono-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D1P5R) Rabbit mAb
- 2616 HP1α Antibody
- 2619 HP1γ Antibody
- 2623 HP1α/β (C7F11) Rabbit mAb
- 4499 Histone H3 (D1H2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4658 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (D85B4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8242 NF-κB p65 (D14E12) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8676 HP1β (D2F2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条