Product Pathways - Metabolism
Plac8 (E1J2Z) Rabbit mAb #13885
|13885S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|13885||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation,
Specificity / Sensitivity
Plac8 (E1J2Z) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Plac8 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro19 of human Plac8 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Plac8 (E1J2Z) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc-tagged full-length human Plac8 protein (hPlac8-Myc; +), using Plac8 (E1J2Z) Rabbit mAb (upper), Myc-Tag (71D10) Rabbit mAb #2278 (middle), and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
The placenta-specific gene 8 (Plac8) encodes a chromatin-binding protein that was first identified from placenta and that is highly expressed in plasmacytoid dendritic cells (1,2). Research studies indicate that Plac8 plays a role in immune function and is essential in the differentiation of brown fat (3,4). During brown fat differentiation, Plac8 interacts with the transcription factor C/EBPβ at its promoter sequence to activate the transcription of C/EBPβ (4). Experimental deletion of Plac8 in mice leads to impaired innate immune function, abnormal brown fat function, cold intolerance, and obesity (3,4). Additional studies examining the spread of colorectal carcinoma suggest a possible role for Plac8 in cancer invasion, possibly through promoting the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition seen during tumor progression (5).
- Galaviz-Hernandez, C. et al. (2003) Gene 309, 81-9.
- Rissoan, M.C. et al. (2002) Blood 100, 3295-303.
- Ledford, J.G. et al. (2007) J Immunol 178, 5132-43.
- Jimenez-Preitner, M. et al. (2011) Cell Metab 14, 658-70.
- Li, C. et al. (2014) J Clin Invest 124, 2172-87.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 14670 UCP1 (D9D6X) Rabbit mAb
- 3081 Phospho-C/EBPbeta (Ser105) Antibody (Rat Specific)
- 3082 C/EBPbeta Antibody
- 3084 Phospho-C/EBPβ (Thr235) Antibody
- 3087 C/EBPβ (LAP) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
XP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条