Product Pathways - Nuclear Receptor Signaling
Estrogen Receptor α (D6R2W) Rabbit mAb #13258
|13258S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00||现货查询 购买询价 防伪查询|
|13258||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, F=Flow Cytometry, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), ChIP=Chromatin IP,
Specificity / Sensitivity
Estrogen Receptor α (D6R2W) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total estrogen receptor α protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to the amino terminus of human estrogen receptor α protein.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of MCF7 (ERα positive, left) and SK-BR-3 (ERα negative, right) cells using Estrogen Receptor α (D6R2W) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DyLight™ 554 Phalloidin #13054 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Estrogen Receptor α (D6R2W) Rabbit mAb (upper) and β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 MCF7 cells grown in phenol red free medium and 5% charcoal stripped FBS for 4 days, then treated with β-estradiol (10 nM) for 45 minutes and either 10 μl of Estrogen Receptor α (D6R2W) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human ESR1 Promoter Primers #9673, SimpleChIP® Human pS2 Promoter Primers #9702, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Estrogen receptor α (ERα), a member of the steroid receptor superfamily, contains highly conserved DNA binding and ligand binding domains (1). Through its estrogen-independent and estrogen-dependent activation domains (AF-1 and AF-2, respectively), ERα regulates transcription by recruiting coactivator proteins and interacting with general transcriptional machinery (2). Phosphorylation at multiple sites provides an important mechanism to regulate ERα activity (3-5). Ser104, 106, 118, and 167 are located in the amino-terminal transcription activation function domain AF-1, and phosphorylation of these serine residues plays an important role in regulating ERα activity. Ser118 may be the substrate of the transcription regulatory kinase CDK7 (5). Ser167 may be phosphorylated by p90RSK and Akt (4,6). According to the research literature, phosphorylation at Ser167 may confer tamoxifen resistance in breast cancer patients (4).
- Mangelsdorf, D.J. et al. (1995) Cell 83, 835-9.
- Glass, C.K. and Rosenfeld, M.G. (2000) Genes Dev 14, 121-41.
- Chen, D. et al. (1999) Mol Cell Biol 19, 1002-15.
- Campbell, R.A. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 9817-24.
- Chen, D. et al. (2000) Mol Cell 6, 127-37.
- Joel, P.B. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 1978-84.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 2511 Phospho-Estrogen Receptor α (Ser118) (16J4) Mouse mAb
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8644 Estrogen Receptor α (D8H8) Rabbit mAb
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 9673 SimpleChIP® Human ESR1 Promoter Primers
- 9702 SimpleChIP® Human pS2 Promoter Primers
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5 is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
DyLight is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
SimpleChIP is a registered trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Tween is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条