Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
TAF1 (D6J8B) Rabbit mAb #12781
|12781S||100 µl ( 10 western blots )||￥3,250.00 现货查询||购买询价|
|12781||carrier free & custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation,
Specificity / Sensitivity
TAF1 (D6J8B) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total TAF1 protein. This antibody also cross-reacts with protein of unknown origin at 45 kDa.
TAF1 (D6J8B) Rabbit mAb 兔单抗能够检测内源性TAF1总蛋白。该抗体还能够与一个45kDa 未知来源的蛋白产生交叉反应。
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala1679 of human TAF1 protein.
TATA-binding protein (TBP) is a ubiquitously expressed nuclear protein that functions at the core of the general transcription factor protein complex TFIID (1-3). TFIID, which contains TBP and 13 TBP-associated factors (TAFs), contributes to the formation of the transcription pre-initiation complex, an assembly of multiple protein complexes (TFIIA, TFIIB, TFIIE, TFIIF, TFIIH, and RNA polymerase II) that bind to a gene promoter during the initiation of transcription (1-3). Once the pre-initiation complex is formed, RNA polymerase II becomes competent for elongation and transcribes the body of a gene. TBP functions in the recruitment of TFIID by binding to the TATA-box sequence found approximately 25 base pairs upstream of the transcription start site of many protein-coding genes. In addition, many transcriptional activator proteins interact with TBP and various TAF proteins to facilitate recruitment of TFIID and formation of the pre-initiation complex.
TBP-associated factor 1 (TAF1) is the largest subunit of TFIID and possesses multiple enzymatic activities including a protein kinase activity (4), a histone acetyltransferase activity (5), and both E1 and E2 ubiquitin-activating and conjugating activities (6,7). The target proteins of these enzymatic activities include both histones and non-histones and play a critical role in regulating transcription activation (3). In addition, TAF1 contains two tandem bromodomains that recognize acetylated histone H3 and histone H4 and are thought to promote the recruitment and association of TFIID at target promoters post activator recruitment of coactivators for gene expression (8,9).
TBP-associated factor 1 (TAF1)是TFIID的最大亚基，具有多种酶活性如蛋白激酶活性（4），组蛋白乙酰基转移酶活性（5）以及E1和E2泛素活化以及结合活性（6,7）。这些酶活性的靶蛋白包括了组蛋白和非组蛋白，并且在调控转录激活中具有至关重要的作用（3）。此外，TAF1包含两个溴结构域，能够识别乙酰化的组蛋白H3和H4，被认为能够促进TFIID在目的启动子，快速招募共激活因子从而进行基因表达（8，9）。
- Goodrich, J.A. and Tjian, R. (1994) Curr Opin Cell Biol 6, 403-9.
- Berk, A.J. (2000) Cell 103, 5-8.
- Thomas, M.C. and Chiang, C.M. (2006) Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol 41, 105-78.
- Dikstein, R. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 781-90.
- Mizzen, C.A. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 1261-70.
- Pham, A.D. and Sauer, F. (2000) Science 289, 2357-60.
- Boutet, S.C. et al. (2010) Mol Cell 40, 749-61.
- Jacobson, R.H. et al. (2000) Science 288, 1422-5.
- Kanno, T. et al. (2004) Mol Cell 13, 33-43.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 12630 SignalFire™ Plus ECL Reagent
- 12757 SignalFire™ Elite ECL Reagent
- 2629 Rpb1 CTD (4H8) Mouse mAb
- 4169 TFIIB (2F6A3H4) Mouse mAb
- 4735 Phospho-Rpb1 CTD (Ser2/5) Antibody
- 6883 SignalFire™ ECL Reagent
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 8080 TFIIF-α Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
用户评论 --- 共 0 条